cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2022 12:58 am  #1

Real Cost of Police

Billions more than you have been lead to believe...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/14/2022 10:01 am  #2

Re: Real Cost of Police

Maybe instead of defundng the police they should just take these expenses directly from the police pension plan and union dues.

Hey! That's me up there!

3/14/2022 10:04 am  #3

85% of all problems are directly traceable to top management.

3/14/2022 3:23 pm  #4

Perhaps it should be acknowledged that "The Po-lice" are not there to protect you.

And that is why you must protect yourself.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/15/2022 5:27 am  #5

To protect _____ and serve  _____.
There seems to be a lot of discretion as to how they fill in the blanks.
The only truth universally acknowledged is they are right and you are wrong.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/15/2022 3:43 pm  #6

TheNeverWas wrote:

Perhaps it should be acknowledged that "The Po-lice" are not there to protect you.  And that is why you must protect yourself. 

And attack the Capitol.  Those evil police were even protecting an evil Vice President.

3/15/2022 6:27 pm  #7

They're protecting your evil ass more than you know.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/16/2022 11:26 am  #8

TheNeverWas wrote:

They're protecting your evil ass more than you know.

From you.

3/19/2022 3:51 am  #9

I.  Would.  Never.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (3/19/2022 3:52 am)

3/19/2022 11:42 am  #10

I have to wonder how much police culture varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
Within each city department, county sheriff, state highway patrol etc., there simply cannot be nationwide uniformity.  Good cops and bad cops, groups of good cops and bad cops, geographic areas and so on.

A year ago, the local cops were called to deal with a naked man wandering through an empty parking lot.
He was pretty big guy and was known to have mental health issues, but not violent or tough.
The first cop started by pointing his pistol and yelling "Get on the ground.  Get on the fucking ground.  I'm not telling you again."  Which he did, of course, about ten more times. 
The guy never advanced or acted in any threatening way.
Pretty soon, waves of backup started to arrive from all local types of cop.  The guy was tased five or ten times, pepper sprayed until several cans were depleted and finally brought down by a swarm of free swinging cops, eventually about ten of them
There were at least four cop cams and three passersby cams showing every second of the encounter.
As each cop arrived, his first move was to kick the guy several times wherever from head to crotch.
Guess who won.
Last week an "independent" consultant made up of ex-cops released the finding that no department rules written or implied were violated.  Not disciplinary action were taken.
On the same day the city announced that the guy was awarded over $200,000, almost half going  to an anonymous law firm.  

3/19/2022 11:46 am  #11

The people who make and approve the rules should be personally liable for any judgement against the police where the defense is that the officer was following the rules.

3/19/2022 6:34 pm  #12

There are some hard to watch videos available if anybody would like the links.

3/19/2022 7:09 pm  #13

Re:  Post #10

She called the cops to take me in
I told 'em "You're never gonna do it friend."
They just smiled and said "Oh yes we will."
After some sticks to the head and some kicks to the shins
And several bites by RinTinTin
I couldn't wait to get into that jail

~Hank Williams Jr., Atitude Adjustment

Last edited by TheNeverWas (3/19/2022 7:10 pm)

Board footera