cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2022 6:29 am  #1

Faith, Hope, and Charity

World Central Kitchen
Chef José Andrés started in 2010 with the idea of when there’s a disaster, earthquake, hurricane, wildfires, war, people are hungry. The food is there to get started, suddenly unemployed chefs are there, so hire the chefs to make hot meals for everyone. Not tomorrow, today!

Within hours of the Russian invasion eight kitchens were serving hot meals along the Ukrainian Polish border. Multiple warehouses in Lviv where trucks are filled with food and supplies to head east reaching cities like Odessa and Mykolayiv. They’re also supporting more restaurants to serve meals in Ukrainian cities including Kharkiv and Kyiv. 

Every time the shit hits the fan anywhere there’s seventy eleven people telling you they can do the most good with your money. Some are crooks, some are liars, some are stupid enough to believe themselves. After checking it out I believe WCK is legit. Nominated for the Nobel peace prize in 2019 which tells me they had a lot of people, reporters, prize competitors, and the curious, looking at the organization with a magnifying glass. Apparently WCK is as clean as Dolly Parton.

It’s a big organization, their IRS 990 financial statement for 2020 showed functional expenses of $228.5 million. $1.654 million licenses and fees. They’re doing a big job. If you want to help consider this a safe option.
 https://wck.org/

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (3/15/2022 6:31 am)

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/15/2022 12:32 pm  #2

Re: Faith, Hope, and Charity

Stephen Colbert is a big fan of WCK. I think he might even be on their board.

3/17/2022 4:38 pm  #3

Faith, Hope, and Charity

Aren't those the new strippers down at the Slosh Pit?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/19/2022 8:23 am  #4

That's a wok.

Hey! That's me up there!

5/08/2022 10:36 pm  #5

They sent me an update on what they are doing in and around(refugees) the Ukraine and also in africa where they're having nasty floods. These people really have their shit together, since their home base is in Washington DC we should let them replace the government. I donated again because they have me convinced my money is doing good in their hands. I may be fooled but it makes me feel better that giving to most charities.

5/09/2022 5:43 am  #6

Thanks for the tip.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/16/2022 7:55 pm  #7

Got an email today describing how they are moving into towns the Russians have savaged before they retreated. Nothing like a hot meal to draw folks out of hiding.

Board footera