cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2022 9:44 pm  #1

Psst, want some easy money?

I wonder if the city reveals your name and address to whoever pays the fine?

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/11/2022 7:02 pm  #2

Re: Psst, want some easy money?

I'm skeptical.

I don't think the fellow in the picture is the fellow in the caption.

Be Just And Fear Not

4/11/2022 7:12 pm  #3

but it's a picture with words under it

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

4/12/2022 12:12 pm  #4

'S on the internet, gotta be true.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

4/12/2022 4:16 pm  #5

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/31/make-87point50-in-3-minutes-by-reporting-idling-trucks-in-new-york-city.html

"According to the Department of Environmental Protection, the city has collected $2.4 million since the online program started. Collectively, citizen reporters have earned more than $724,000 and counting. The DEP says the number of complaints surged 35% from 9,070 in 2019 to 12,267 in 2021." 

Happy now?

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (4/12/2022 4:19 pm)

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/12/2022 9:57 pm  #6

We just covered this one on the Damn Interesting Week podcast--Paul Slapikas didn't allow a photo of his face for the interview because he doesn't want truckers to know who he is. Since the program went into effect, NYC truckers have started assaulting anyone they think is filming their idling vehicle. He also dresses up like a confused tourist and records surreptitiously from his real phone while he pretends to have a conversation on a fake flip-phone.

Board footera