cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2022 12:09 pm  #1

What's Making You Say "Oh for fuck's sake." Today?

This moring as I got dressed I noted that the button on my pants (trousers) was loose. I thought maybe I would just tear it off so I wouldn't lose it, then sew it back later today. I gave it a yank but even though it was loose it wouldn't break. Fine, I'll sew it on later.
I get to the jobsite to look at a job. Pretty busy, Lots of guys working on a renovation for a couple of weeks. I hit the powder room to take a fierce slash (as fierce as my prostate will allow.)

The toilet seat is permanently up, normal for an XY jobsite, and you can see it hadn't been cleaned since the homeowner ceded the place to the crew. Whatevs, I'm not the one who cleans it. I do my business and as I'm shaking it off I hear a plink and a plop and I look down to see my button mocking me from the bottom of the toilet bowl.

Maybe, centuries from now, someone will be excavating some strata and find that little button. I highly doubt I'll ever see it again.

Last edited by footfootfoot (5/04/2022 8:41 pm)

Hey! That's me up there!

5/04/2022 12:28 pm  #2

Re: What's Making You Say "Oh for fuck's sake." Today?

I'm sorry about your button.

5/04/2022 4:26 pm  #3

Excavating outhouses is supposed to be pretty productive so maybe septic tanks will be the future target?

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/04/2022 7:05 pm  #4

Well, as it continues to Walmartize,  Target is a future septic tank so that's a nice reciprocity.....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/04/2022 8:44 pm  #5

griff wrote:

Excavating outhouses is supposed to be pretty productive so maybe septic tanks will be the future target?

monster wrote:

Well, as it continues to Walmartize,  Target is a future septic tank so that's a nice reciprocity.....

Oh for fuck's sake.

Hey! That's me up there!

Board footera