cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2022 5:55 pm  #1

D'oh!

Today was a 3 hour all survey center staff (from two buildings) hybrid meeting.  For the Bajillionth time I was asked to submit newb shit to be welcomed.  .A pic, and a sentence with a fun fun fact about me.

So I write a haiku about liking words and numbers. And patterns.  it wasn't great but it was obviously an (American elementary school style) Haiku.  To me.  Obvious to me.  and others I've shown since.  sigh. 

They missed it, and bullet-pointed the "fun facts" they were able to pick out.  OK I guess I should have spelled out the joke but COME ON, people.  Apparently they thought it was a quirky answer and wondered if it was OK to joke about me liking patterns when I wear plain black all the time (they decided against) sigh.

and...

sigh.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/05/2022 7:00 pm  #2

Re: D'oh!

Reminiscent of that great line from Time Bandits: "...mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence."
Maybe they are actually very smart just not clever.

Hey! That's me up there!

5/05/2022 9:30 pm  #3

Re: D'oh!

Well, ya know, one of the two responsible is The Big Boss and was on my hiring panel and told me I was doing pretty good as we walked back to our building, so i'mm'a say she's intelligent.... ;)  and blame her 2nd in command who did the bullet-pointing and presentation......

Last edited by monster (5/05/2022 9:30 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

Board footera