cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/26/2022 10:33 am  #1

How much are you paying for petrol/gas?

Circumstances being as they are, I only drive about twenty five miles a week, sometimes not even that.
It must be about three months since I last bought any fuel but I filled up yesterday and was astonished by the cost.
I think I paid about 133p/litre last time but unleaded had gone up to 159.9p/litre.yesterday.
That works out at about £7.27 per Imperial gallon or £6.05 per US gallon ie $9.15 and $7.61 respectively.(£1 = $1.26)

So, just wondering how much Dwellars are paying in other parts of the UK and in the US?

5/26/2022 11:31 am  #2

Re: How much are you paying for petrol/gas?

$4.15 per gallon at the Kwik Trip down the street.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

5/26/2022 12:11 pm  #3

Northern California average gasoline is about $6 a gallon now.
I got LPG (propane) delivered last week at $3.30.
I am not sure what has happened because the two fuels closely followed each other for years. 

5/26/2022 12:30 pm  #4

$4.15 per gallon at the Kwik Trip down the street.

Northern California average gasoline is about $6 a gallon now.

Almost 50% more in Northern California than it is in Wisconsin!
That's a breathtaking difference.

5/26/2022 2:13 pm  #5

Here in South Central Kentucky I just paid $4.05/gallon two hours ago, down from $4.11 yesterday.  I buy all my gas at Murphy's.  It's always the cheapest in town, sometimes by as little as a penny, sometimes by as much as 25 pennies or more.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

5/27/2022 3:50 am  #6

$5.599 for Sunoco 93 octane.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (5/27/2022 3:58 am)

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/27/2022 7:00 am  #7

The 159.9p/litre (unleaded) I quoted above was the price at Tesco in Aylesbury two days ago.
I drove past the local independent retailer this morning and saw 171.9p/litre advertised. A premium of 7.5%.
I suppose that reflects Tesco's bulk buying clout.

My first trip to the US was in 1999 but I do have some fairly clear memories despite the passage of time.
I filled up in Torrington, WY, and was amazed to see the price was $0.94/gallon.
At the time I think that worked out at about a third of the price here.
Happy days!

5/27/2022 8:38 am  #8

Diaphone Jim wrote:

I am not sure what has happened because the two fuels closely followed each other for years. 

Propane comes from natural gas.  There is not problem with natural gas supply.  Ukraine has created a problem with petroleum supply.

Same will probably happen with grain prices (ie bread).  Many nations have already banned export of grain products fearing a coming severe shortage.

Last edited by tw (5/27/2022 8:38 am)

6/09/2022 1:24 pm  #9

The oil and gas in the ground belongs mostly to the American people who own the ground above it. The Federal government leases the drilling rights to the oil companies who bear the cost of extracting and refining, then sell the results to the public at a profit. Capitalism.
Since last October the oil companies have been exporting American oil to the highest bidder on the world market. That’s right, we don’t need to import oil we have a surplus and the oil companies have only drilled 2% of their leases. Most of the price at the pump is greed... because they can... what the traffic will bear... shown clearly skyrocketing profits.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/13/2022 7:22 pm  #10

Just paid $4.46/gallon at the cheapest place in town...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

6/13/2022 8:10 pm  #11

well over $5.5/US gallon as I was driving home  which is pretty much US$6.66 per UK gallon.

I didn't pay it though.  am hoping for miracle before I next fill.  Thinking of sponsoring/selling yard signs that say "pray for lower gas prices".....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/13/2022 8:14 pm  #12

....which, whilst less than what you are paying, Carruthers, is the closest I have ever known US prices to be to UK prices in my 21.5 years here......

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/14/2022 3:27 am  #13

monster wrote:

....which, whilst less than what you are paying, Carruthers, is the closest I have ever known US prices to be to UK prices in my 21.5 years here......

I took this at my local (expensive!) filling station two days ago, so prices have probably gone up again since then.

In UK gallons:

Unleaded £8.56 or $10.42

Diesel £8.84 or $10.76

In US gallons:

Unleaded £7.11 or $8.65

Diesel £7.33 or $8.92

£1 = $1.22

And so it goes on...

6/14/2022 10:17 am  #14

Same emotions occured when gasoline prices rose to $0.60 per gallon.  All feared the end of the world if gasoline rose to $1.00 per gallon.

Gasoline prices are still quite cheap.  But that means first using logic.  Put $35 of gasoline in the car.  Drive to burn it all.  How much of that gasoline actually moved the car?  Maybe $6.  Rest was wasted as heat, noise, pollution, etc  Because gasoline is and was always so cheap.

Those are facts ignored by fears about $10 per gallon.  Any price approaching $10 per gallon is a reasonable price.  But so many do not think logically.  So many are only inspired by their emotions.  We waste energy in massive quantities because petroleum was always so inexpensive.

We complain about high prices.  What vehicles sell the most when prices go up?  SUVs.  Where is logic?  Replaced by emotions.

6/14/2022 6:30 pm  #15

tw wrote:

Gasoline prices are still quite cheap.

6/14/2022 6:59 pm  #16

Demonstrated is the intelligence level of adults who are still children.  Whose proof is always in insults.  The emotional also believed Saddam had WMDs and the Big Lie.  All justified by emotions when a prefrontal cortex is inoperative.  Maybe he does not know how to replace its fuse.

An adult would have posted facts and numbers.

6/14/2022 10:07 pm  #17

Don't call him Stupid! 

6/15/2022 2:47 pm  #18

tw wrote:

Demonstrated is the intelligence level of adults who are still children.  Whose proof is always in insults.  The emotional also believed Saddam had WMDs and the Big Lie.  All justified by emotions when a prefrontal cortex is inoperative.  Maybe he does not know how to replace its fuse.

An adult would have posted facts and numbers.

Motherfucker, you have never once, since I've been reading your absolute bullshit posts, proved any of the absolute bullshit you've posted.  You have never once cited a source, even after being asked repeatedly.  Not once.

Every single person familiar with you knows you are full of shit right up to and over your eyebrows.  Everyone here, and everyone IRL, knows what you are.

It's the only thing you've ever proved, and you do it every time you post.

6/15/2022 2:52 pm  #19

monster wrote:

Don't call him Stupid!

Fish are smarter.  I've known geraniums that were smarter.

There is no life, in this universe, or any other, that is as smart as TW thinks he is.

6/15/2022 9:40 pm  #20

TheNeverWas wrote:

Motherfucker, you have never once, since I've been reading your absolute bullshit posts, proved any of the absolute bullshit you've posted. 

And so the nature of an extremist is but again demonstrated.  First indication found in that first word - profanity.  Followed by plenty of emotion, more insults, and not one fact.  An extremist again has contributed nothing informative, useful, or socially acceptable.

Topic is petrol/gas.  Not your hostility and resentment.  Maybe contribute something relevant to the topic?

Last edited by tw (6/15/2022 9:43 pm)

6/15/2022 10:03 pm  #21

Fact:  It is a myth perpetuated by the less intelligent but articulate, that the use of "profanity" indicates a lack of smarts.  Proof: 85% of smart people cuss like a cunting ho (who has raised their price due to the cost of gas).

6/16/2022 6:17 am  #22

In my day street walkers actually walked streets. They didn't need any fancy horseless carriage.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/16/2022 8:04 am  #23

tw wrote:

and not one fact

Prove me wrong then.  I double dog dare you.  Quote for us one of your posts with a cited source.  From any thread, on any subject.

You won't because you can't.

6/16/2022 11:21 am  #24

monster wrote:

Fact:  It is a myth perpetuated by the less intelligent but articulate, that the use of "profanity" indicates a lack of smarts.  

Profanity is cover for one who has no logical reply or informed thought.  An emotional outburst when he cannot deal with a reality and cannot control his emotions. The nature of an adult who is still a child.  Profanity and insult also used to recruit others of lesser intelligence.  Since adults, who are still children, respect a bully.

Adults who are adults need not waste energy with profanity.

TheNeverWas is an extremist who delights in attacking others.  As another extremist once said, "To fuck everything up."   As extremists often do because they are angry and hateful - not logical.

Double dare.  Its been a long time since I heard other children using that pseudo reasoning.  Some adults just never grow up.

The topic is petrol/gas.  He cannot even discuss the topic.  He posts insults.  Classic of an adult who is still emotional like a child. A perfect example of an extremist.  Anger and hate.

6/16/2022 11:25 am  #25

Undertoad wrote:

...  children very rarely use profanity, and when they do, they don't understand it.

Children avoid profanity since they are quickly reprimanded.  Once a child becomes an adult, reprimands no longer happen.  So adults, who are still children, more freely express their childish emotions with profanity.  Still children but no longer fear reprimands.

And have nothing useful to contribute to the topic: petrol/gas.

Last edited by tw (6/16/2022 11:26 am)

Board footera