cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/07/2021 9:57 am  #101

Re: Things that are improving your mood today

Diaphone Jim wrote:

Too bad that this thread is so seldom used.
But, I discovered this morning that the Archives of The Image of the Day are still functional on the old page.
Anybody remember discussing statutory rape?
http://cellar.org/iotd.php?threadid=15755

ha! no. damn, we're old!  

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

2/07/2021 12:32 pm  #102

I remember that post from the Before Times.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

2/07/2021 1:08 pm  #103

fargon wrote:

... from the Before Times.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/07/2021 4:05 pm  #104

Clodfobble wrote:

Well... online as in available on Steam. Not browser-based. But if you get a copy, a bunch of us could play against each other.

Mr Limey owns a copy. Anyone up for a game?

Living life on the edge.

2/07/2021 6:18 pm  #105

I could have time for a game in about 3 hours (8 PM Central), but that's 2:00 AM your time, so I'm guessing that's out. We could try for the Virtual Forks time slot since that worked for most everyone?

I highly recommend using a Discord server to talk live while we're playing--it's free and easy to install, then folks can just PM me their email address and I'll send an invite to the "Dwellar Board Game" channel.

2/07/2021 6:22 pm  #106

Oh gosh yes I didn’t mean today 🤣
Because of Mr Limey’s shift patterns Tuesday or Saturday evenings (your time) would work best for us.
I believe Mr Limey is familiar with Discord.

Living life on the edge.

2/08/2021 9:32 pm  #107

Be Just And Fear Not

2/12/2021 10:33 pm  #108

The latest 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown. My jaw is hurting and my eyes are stinging from laughing. ymmv, but I don't care, I needed that.  Fortunately, I have learned to go pee before I watch an episode.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

2/22/2021 7:08 pm  #109

My Monster book came and it's PERFECT! Better than the preview... Monster gets very lonely and is in a bad dark place and then in the blink of a googly eye he finds a friend and the world is a better place   I got the board book version because it was cheaper and the idea amused me   

2/22/2021 7:21 pm  #110

I knew it was the eyes....

Be Just And Fear Not

4/15/2021 8:03 pm  #111

I got my first Pfizer shot today, and it's remarkable how it just put me in a good mood. Not right away, but I noticed as the day went on that everything just seemed good.

4/15/2021 9:07 pm  #112

It is a weight lifted

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/16/2021 8:17 am  #113

I bought one of these for Mr Limey's present for our 14th wedding anniversary and it arrived today.
It is Just. Perfect!

Living life on the edge.

4/16/2021 10:32 am  #114

That's really nice!

4/16/2021 2:39 pm  #115

That's way nice.

5/19/2021 6:53 pm  #116

All Ready for its maiden voyage tomorrow.....

5/19/2021 9:04 pm  #117

Now your Kayak can find her way home.

5/19/2021 11:18 pm  #118

River Dragon's pronoun is "it" ;)

5/20/2021 5:40 am  #119

Ha!

5/20/2021 11:59 am  #120

Very gender neutral...for a kayak.  Good on ya for not contributing to a kayak's identity crisis.

'Her' and 'she' for a boat is not derogatory, btw.

5/20/2021 12:17 pm  #121

Gravdigr wrote:

Very gender neutral...for a kayak.  Good on ya for not contributing to a kayak's identity crisis.

'Her' and 'she' for a boat is not derogatory, btw.

[mildly amused] But Grav, why would you think that a woman would think that "her" and "she" can be derogatory in any way at all?[/mildly amused] [/threaddrift]

Living life on the edge.

5/20/2021 4:59 pm  #122

Because it, I mean, she went to the trouble of correcting someone for doing that very thing.

5/20/2021 5:08 pm  #123

I was having a larf...... but English does not prescribe genders to inanimate objects so neither will I 

The scariest part was driving my son's car   (which I did because he's in kentucky and that neatly bypasses trying to strap River Dragon to the top of a Mazda 3

5/20/2021 5:16 pm  #124

The it/she thing there was a joke, btw.

Put that knife down.

5/20/2021 7:16 pm  #125

Gravdigr wrote:

The it/she thing there was a joke, btw.

Put that knife down.

while I'm driving?

I really do hate boats and cars (and guns) being called "she" but the tradition is way older than I am and doesn't really harm anyone, so I just use "it" for my own amusement    No cancel culture here.... 

Board footera