cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/20/2022 10:12 pm  #1

um........

You may need to be a Brit or know a few to appreciate this.... (?un)fortunately, you do....

I live in Ann Arbor (which likes to abbreviate itself to A2), a very hippie, artsy and International city.  And has extremes in temperature.  in Winter, we hibernate.  In Summer, we go nuts outside and festival/fair/fayre like there's no tomorrow.  It's summer.  The summer festival has started.  A friend posted a pic from a gig they attended.

1)   yes um.....)
2)   I vaguely remember looking up the schedule for the festival before it started, and seeing a logo image that made me go hmmm...... so I went back to the website but did not find said image before I found a logo image with a tagline that stopped me in my tracks.....

mission suspended.  my face and belly hurt too much....Enjoy ...or cringe.. I don't  care ;)

Last edited by monster (6/20/2022 10:14 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/20/2022 10:47 pm  #2

Re: um........

Undertoad wrote:

oh god somebody had to know and somebody wrote that tag on purpose

I wanna think that, but "nice" is not just a snarky word here.... some are just extremely naive/oblivious

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/20/2022 10:50 pm  #3

I mean, they could have gone with "take it downtown" or similar...... 

6/20/2022 10:51 pm  #4

at least it's not sponsored by the local chocolatier?

6/21/2022 4:24 am  #5

Sorry. Couldn't resist it...

6/21/2022 8:50 am  #6

I feel like there is an intentional angle to a lot of this nowadays--not even "an intern knew and snuck it past the higher-ups," but "it's just close enough that it might go viral and get us free publicity, but we can still claim ignorance."

Board footera