cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/04/2022 3:37 am  #1

Happy Independence Day

We didn't want your damn country anyway!

Living life on the edge.

7/04/2022 6:24 am  #2

Re: Happy Independence Day

That's good 'cuz we didn't want you here either.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

7/04/2022 9:30 am  #3

I say! Steady on you two!

What did the British ever do for us? As Monty Python might have said.
Answers on a postcard please.

7/04/2022 5:02 pm  #4

Happy 'Murica Day US Americans and others. Kayaking near Downsville, NY.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/04/2022 7:23 pm  #5

My usual free firework show isn't happening.  I have the sad.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/05/2022 6:14 am  #6

Hillbilly fireworks in my immediate neighborhood were slightly less active. I wonder what the finger count is nationally this year...

Last edited by griff (7/05/2022 6:14 am)

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/05/2022 10:55 am  #7

Definitely fewer fireworks in our neighborhood this year as well. Could be the price increase, could be the general aging of the neighborhood, could be the fact that we're all just kind of bummed right now and don't feel like celebrating.

7/05/2022 11:11 am  #8

There's a burn ban in effect here locally.  Private fireworks were banned also.  There were a couple pro shows in the area, and plenty of ppl ignoring the ban.

But, yeah, ya could tell there was a little less going on this year.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/05/2022 5:51 pm  #9

It seems like there was some fireworks misfortune out West.
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/nearly-100-homes-evacuated-in-centerville-for-wildfire
The garden needs more water here.

7/05/2022 6:29 pm  #10

The big  (pivate) display across the main road from my 'hood still happened, so i watched that for a little while from the end of my driveway   But their fireworks were very samey.  supply train issues, no doubt.  Oh well, maybe I should aim for Bonfire night in the UK :D

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/05/2022 9:27 pm  #11

All of your local slackers have been in my neighborhood for a week, and last night all the fireworks they didn't shoot off in the past ten days blew up continuously from about 6 pm to the next morning, tapering sharply around midnight.

Several were mortar shells big enough to rattle the floor, lots more rattled the windows.  No fires reported because we're at three times the record for rain through Junuary this year.  I'm deeply grateful for that.  But the dog is traumatized and my sleep and Twil's sleep will have to catch up tonight.  I mostly hope no one got hurt, but I'm not that good a person.  text from SonofV:  BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! 

Yup.

Be Just And Fear Not

7/05/2022 9:43 pm  #12

I love fireworks.  I know that's against the current du jour  ....but I don't fucking care :D

That said... I'm not willing to pay for them :D :D :D

7/05/2022 9:45 pm  #13

(I fell asleep to the sound last night, so soothing.  But then I was woken by an enormous clap of thunder, right overhead 

I love thunder too, so was soon bak asleep (in case you were worried)

Last edited by monster (7/05/2022 9:45 pm)

Board footera