cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2021 9:47 pm  #51

Re: Dogs

when you're done with the slicker brush, the coat will literally be slick and smooth.

whether or not your brush untangles or reveals a tangle that has to be cut out, well that's on you.  judgement.

Be Just And Fear Not

2/23/2021 7:35 am  #52

Dogs are the best.

https://today.oregonstate.edu/news/dogs-synchronize-their-behavior-children-not-much-adults-study-finds

The findings are important because there is a growing body of evidence that dogs can help children in many ways, including with social development, increasing physical activity, managing anxiety or as a source of attachment in the face of changing family structures, the researchers said. Yet, very little research has focused on how dogs perceive and socially engage with children.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/23/2021 7:41 pm  #53

BigV wrote:

when you're done with the slicker brush, the coat will literally be slick and smooth.

whether or not your brush untangles or reveals a tangle that has to be cut out, well that's on you.  judgement.

What judgement?  This is my first time owning dogs and I got high maintenance, broken ones.  Even growing up, we didn't brush our dogs.

3/06/2021 4:44 pm  #54

Only when they obviously had burrs and vegetation in their hair especially dogs with long hairy ears.
One good reason to brush is checking for (shudder) Ticks.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/06/2021 5:33 pm  #55

mutherfukkkkkeerrr

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/06/2021 6:39 pm  #56

I like to pop 'em (literally) in the microwave. 
A really fat one and a sealed microwavable dish is good.
There weren't microwaves the last time I had a leech on me or that would have worked, too.

3/06/2021 7:39 pm  #57

bbro wrote:

BigV wrote:

What judgement?  This is my first time owning dogs and I got high maintenance, broken ones.  Even growing up, we didn't brush our dogs.

If you're brushing YOUR hair and y find a tangle, you use your judgment as to brush it out or cut it out or leave it alone.

That judgement.

Be Just And Fear Not

3/06/2021 7:41 pm  #58

BigV wrote:

bbro wrote:

BigV wrote:

If you're brushing YOUR hair and y find a tangle, you use your judgment as to brush it out or cut it out or leave it alone.

That judgement.

AH!  I see. 

3/07/2021 11:00 am  #59

*thumbs up*

Be Just And Fear Not

3/07/2021 1:36 pm  #60

Up what?

3/08/2021 5:37 pm  #61

Sitting is such pleasure.

3/13/2021 8:47 am  #62

We've adopted a lovely Aussie pup who wasn't working out in a home with small children. This is Noli.

3/13/2021 9:46 am  #63

Puppeh Good.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

3/13/2021 11:17 am  #64

griff wrote:

We've adopted a lovely Aussie pup who wasn't working out in a home with small children. This is Noli.

Super cute!

So, I've added a wrinkle to their outside access.  One of those magnetic screen doors.  It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.  Well, Tess will NOT go through it unless I hold it open or she follows Max.  Max, on the other hand, adapted right away.  I might spend some time with cheese getting her to go in and out, but I might wait to do that until I find out what their outside access will be when I buy a house.  

3/14/2021 2:50 am  #65

Guard puppy...

3/14/2021 7:45 am  #66

I was thinking about a dog door, but that causes an avalanche of secondary jobs.

This one may work out despite being on Benny's last nerve.

3/14/2021 12:29 pm  #67

My toes smile in recognition of fellow toes being gently warmed at the hearth.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Be Just And Fear Not

3/14/2021 1:35 pm  #68

Living easy.

3/14/2021 9:55 pm  #69

Were I that puppy you'd have to kill me to leave that lap. The dog looks liquid.

3/15/2021 11:12 am  #70

Very cute! We put a tiny dog door in our bedroom door (inside the house) so that the dogs could come and go without us having to get up out of bed.

3/15/2021 7:14 pm  #71

Mother of pearl....

Be Just And Fear Not

3/15/2021 7:18 pm  #72

To get to your clipboard history at any time, press Windows logo key + V. You can also paste and pin frequently used items by choosing an individual item from your clipboard menu.

So, this is new, and exactly one ohnosecond too late.

You know what an ohnosecond is, right? (Sorry UT, sometimes my questions come out that way, don't @me ok?)

noun. informal. A moment in which one realizes that one has made a serious mistake, typically by pressing the wrong key on a computer keyboard.
That minuscule fraction of time it takes your brain to realize that you've just made a GIGANTIC mistake and reconcile the fact that it is too late.Bob hit send on his email to Tom, only then realizing that he had copied in the entire company on the x-rated pictures of him and his latest conquest swinging from his sex swing in full leather outfits.

Be Just And Fear Not

3/15/2021 7:48 pm  #73

I finally figured out that there was a way to disable keyboard shortcuts in the web based outlook, and I have stopped accidentally deleting emails because I was looking at the wrong active cursor and wondering why nothing was happening as I was deleting email after unread email on a separate virtual machine on the other monitor.

3/17/2021 5:52 pm  #74

Update on the grooming: Tess is more matted (bad me) than expected, the slicker brush just pulls, the detangler just freaks her out.  I had a crappy, rusted comb, so I finally bought a new metal one.  I spent some time today working on her fur.  It's SO FLUFFY.  There's still work to do, but I think it'll be ok.  I also bought dog clippers.  I was able to cut some off of her before she started running around.  I think I'm going to keep her fairly short when I manage to get it all cleaned up (or I manage to get a groomer's appointment).  Max is a dream when it comes to grooming, but he's sick again and I'm about to go up to PA for 2 weeks (at least) to take care of my parents' estate, so I'm hoping they can give him something tomorrow

I got separate shampoo and conditioner for Tess to see if that helps, too.  They're both getting baths on Friday

3/18/2021 6:18 am  #75

Poor Max.

Board footera