cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/01/2021 5:58 pm  #151

Re: Dogs

Whelp, the last two days were grooming days.  Yesterday was Max, a total of 1 hour TOTAL!  Cut and bath.  Today was all day to try to cut Tess.  Unfortunately, I also cut her ear.  I felt fucking horrible and it was bleeding badly, so there was a trip to the vet, too.  She still loves me, though.  It's almost worse that she was leaning on me for comfort right after I hurt her.  

Max before:

Max after

Tess before

Tess after (a little blurry cause I was still feeling guilty about the cut)
[url=https://ibb.co/tQqnXqx][/url

FULL GUILT!!

10/01/2021 9:21 pm  #152

She's just letting you know she knows it was an accident and you're forgiven. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/02/2021 12:03 pm  #153

Totally would steal both noses

10/10

10/02/2021 7:46 pm  #154

Bonus pic - I was petting her and she moved her head, but left her paw touching me.

10/03/2021 9:53 pm  #155

They don’t know how the cut looks - they just love you.  It is so hard to cut a dog’s hair, let alone it come out good and I think you did great.  Our little dog is such a pain to trim, especially around the face and paws…

10/04/2021 5:45 am  #156

This is my 'four days a week dog' about to succumb to sleep on my lap after lunch.
It's a bit of a ham fisted selfie, I'm afraid, hence the odd angle.

Last edited by Carruthers (10/04/2021 5:46 am)

10/04/2021 5:53 am  #157

There's a handsome lad! (or Lassie or they look cute)

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/04/2021 7:06 am  #158

@gtown - guilt about the cut, I was referring to the cut I gave Tess on her ear

@Carruthers - what a pretty pup!!

10/04/2021 9:09 am  #159

griff wrote:

There's a handsome lad! (or Lassie or they look cute)

bbro wrote:

@Carruthers - what a pretty pup!!

She's a 'Lassie' and a lovely dog in every respect.
Given that she's not mine, I'm free to lavish praise on her but I'm sure it will go to her head one day.

10/06/2021 8:21 pm  #160

Looks like a dog who feels she has you firmly wrapped around her paw. LoL

10/07/2021 4:33 am  #161

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Looks like a dog who feels she has you firmly wrapped around her paw. LoL

And right by my side at this very moment waiting to go out for a walk!

10/11/2021 10:53 am  #162

We got a new dog a year ago, another yellow lab which is our 3rd one. We wanted another female and she was the last one the breeder had, the runt of the litter so she was a bit small.  We named her Finola of Terenure, well that's her fancy AKC registry name. We just call her Nola most of the time. Terenure was the estate my 3x great grandfather owned just outside Dublin back in the 1800's so sort of an ode to him. 

These are from last year when we brought her home. Like most pups they sleep a lot!

10/11/2021 11:55 am  #163

Cute Puppy.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

10/11/2021 1:36 pm  #164

Labs are great dogs, I've had:

Ben,a Yellow Lab x Border Collie (I think). He had been abandoned and was taken in by the RSPCA.

Jordy, a Black Lab. He was a lovely dog and had been found as a stray in a nearby town and was never claimed so he ended up with me.

Bruno, a Chocolate Lab. He wasn't mine but he spent so much time with me he might as well have been.
The advantage was that I didn't have any of the attendant bills!

They each had their own personality and I'm thankful that I had their companionship.

In Dog We Trust.

10/12/2021 6:14 am  #165

Such a cute pup! We lost our old Beaglador this year she was a lover. Noli is trying to fill that lovable dog role.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/12/2021 9:35 am  #166

Here is a more recent image. I was testing a new lens and liked her serious pose. She's been a good dog. The wife and I were getting kind of depressed with covid and not going anywhere. Our last dog died 4 years ago so it was time to get a new one. 

10/12/2021 11:07 am  #167

Oh the cute, the unbearable cute

11/10 would tickle that belly

10/13/2021 3:43 pm  #168

Looks like Noli is working hard to fill the role, and (Fi)Nola is a heart melter/breaker too.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (10/13/2021 3:43 pm)

11/23/2021 10:21 pm  #169

I just talked to Max and he did this.  Sadly, I didn't get a pic with his tail protecting his penis

Tess likes to look at me upside down.  Like a lot.  But, today, she wagged her tail while sleeping.  I think it was the first time ever.

11/24/2021 1:58 am  #170

You be the shizzle to them. Queen of the universe from whom all treats flow. True love at it's purest.

1/25/2022 6:32 pm  #171

It's about time for a dog update - we had some snow last weekend, so they went out to play.  I didn't get many pictures because they were just running like crazy.  Then, at different times, they both laid down and ate the snow *sigh*

Unfortunately, at some point during this day, Tess hurt her right leg.  So, she's gonna have to get that checked out.  She was going to physical therapy, but the place is a half hour away and she HATES the car.  I hated making her do it.  So, I decided to quit, much to the disappointment of the vet there.  I knew there was a risk to her running around like a nut, but the only exercise the vet would give me was walking her on a leash.  You know how much it sucks to walk her on a leash in the back yard with Max running around?  Bigly.  

We seem to have found the magic concoction for Max's stomach issues: Something called forti flora and acid reducer pills.  He only skipped breakfast twice since he's been on it.  No throw up, no butt liquid.  It's awesome

1/26/2022 7:34 am  #172

So cute! Worth the effort.

1/26/2022 7:24 pm  #173

They're very very lucky dogs.

3/10/2022 9:55 am  #174

So, I was a little pre-mature with celebrating the magic concoction for Max's stomach.  Instead, he kept getting sick, so we decided to do a "simple" biopsy surgery to see if we can figure things out.  Well, since it was basically making holes in his intestines, the vet stressed that if he started acting funny, get him to the emergency vet.  Surgery Thursday, I got him back Friday, took him back to vet Friday for an anti nausea shot.  Saturday was awesome.  He was eating and happy.  Sunday, he started shaking and he NEVER does that, so begins the drama of Max

I took him in around 6:30 am.  They didn't see a high white blood cell count so they figured it was just because of pain.  They gave him some there and upped his home dosage.  He was a little out of it, but I figured it was the pain meds.  About 7/8pm, I noticed he was shaking again and protecting his incision.  I called the emergency vet and they said to bring him back in.  They put him on pain meds and broad spectrum antibiotics.  Over night, they took ultrasounds to monitor some fluid in his belly

Monday, I went in and he was looking good.  Less swollen, walking around, ready to go.  Unfortunately, there was still fluid that wasn't resolving itself.  The choice was: go home OR get an ultrasound and test the fluid at another location.  I almost took him home, but I decided to play it safe and got him the testing he needed.  As it turns out, there was bacteria in the fluid, so there was an infection somewhere.  Unfortunately, they couldn't see the source on the ultrasound.  They would have to do exploratory surgery to see where it is

Talked to the vet about possible outcomes:  Infection just under the skin at the incision site (best possible outcome), the intestine itself had become infected and may need to be removed (not great, but not the worst), or the sutures in the intestine were leaking (lowest possible chance of recovery because of the level of infection in the abdomen if there is a leak).  Awesome.  Needless to say, that Monday was VERY shitty.  I decided to go ahead with the surgery even though it was gonna be expensive as fuck.  He wasn't ready to go and I wasn't ready to let him go.  Back to the original hospital location for surgery.  

Later that night, I got the call from the surgeon with the update.  The worst: one of the intestinal stitches was leaking.  BUT the fluid had NOT made it into the abdominal cavity.  It was localized somehow right near the site.  They cleaned him out and started him on antibiotics and pain meds.  He was up and pacing shortly after surgery, so I told them about the anti-anxiety meds I put him on.  Luckily that worked like a charm!

The rest of the week, I went in to see him every day.  I got him to eat once when he didn't want to.  I gave him love and pets.  He recovered pretty well.  The last two times I was there, he tried to leave with me, which broke my heart of course.

I was hoping to bring him home on Friday, BUT (of course), he spiked a fever.  They didn't want to send him home until he had a steady temp and was eating.  They thought it was related to a pneumonia that can occur after anesthesia.  He had a cough that indicated he had it, too.  They said they wanted to send him to yet another location where the vet there had more Critical Care experience treating these situations.  I couldn't take him because I didn't want him to think he was going home, so I agreed to let a transport take him.

Saturday, I got a call - He was being released!!  Turns out that his temp was steady the whole time.  He charmed them so much that they gave him a stuffed Clifford to match the one I sent with him (which he used as a pillow during his cage time).  He's been home 6 days and his cough is already clearing up.  He's mostly acting like the dog he was.  He's a little clingy, but I think that's normal.

Needless to say it was a long fucking week - especially since I started my new job at the same time

Max with a little bit of energy

Max as a flower with his Clifford (staff was just astounded that he would lay on it by himself)

Right before I found out he wasn't coming home on Friday

With his Cliffords on the day he ACTUALLY came home

HOME!  This was actually the day after he got home.  he was pretty zonked the actual day

3/10/2022 10:09 am  #175

He looks good now.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

Board footera