cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/22/2022 10:51 pm  #1

Social Media Posts you decided against

...but still need to share with someone......

A couple of couples of my friends have been raving on the F platform about "A League Of Their Own" streaming on Am@z0n .  One used the word "Lesbianic"

............and now I can't get the concept of Lego creating a Lesbianicle series to go the fuck away.

I almost shared this thought with them, but... ya know.  Thanks for being here ....hoping sharing with you lot is a Social Media version of brain bleach.....for me anyway.    ...sorry...ish....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

8/23/2022 5:49 am  #2

Re: Social Media Posts you decided against

Welp, that's in my head now.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

8/23/2022 10:36 pm  #3

This is a plague to put covid to shame....however I did post this one on Fuckbase/whatever that thing is called (In a slightly more PC form)............

... I started watching this as a pre-bed fairly mindless chill thing after a loooooong and a bit stressy work day, and the first episode is called "Batter On".

PTSfuckingD flashbacks or something from my student years working in chippies nights and weekends.... and we didn't even use that phrase!  Must've been more traumatic than I thought...Ok so I have bollock-all knowledge of baseball, so my previous experience of the word "batter" is different from most in my adopted country ...especially when you insist on using it for any sloppy pre-oven baking mixture..... and most likely for most in the UK too. but still..... 

Oh brain, I love ya, but cut me a little slack sometimes?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

8/25/2022 4:32 pm  #4

monster wrote:

This is a plague to put covid to shame....however I did post this one on Fuckbase/whatever that thing is called (In a slightly more PC form)............

... I started watching this as a pre-bed fairly mindless chill thing after a loooooong and a bit stressy work day, and the first episode is called "Batter On".

PTSfuckingD flashbacks or something from my student years working in chippies nights and weekends.... and we didn't even use that phrase!  Must've been more traumatic than I thought...Ok so I have bollock-all knowledge of baseball, so my previous experience of the word "batter" is different from most in my adopted country ...especially when you insist on using it for any sloppy pre-oven baking mixture..... and most likely for most in the UK too. but still..... 

Oh brain, I love ya, but cut me a little slack sometimes?

I'm afraid that 'batter' has now invaded these shores.
The England & Wales Cricket Board has decreed from on high that henceforth batsmen, and indeed batswomen, shall be known as batters.
That said, I watched highlights from the England v South Africa test match this evening and Jonathan Agnew (commentator) twice used the forbidden term 'batsman'.
That'll be him hauled off to the gulag in the dark watches of the night for 'rehabilitation'.

That reminds me of one of Brian Johnston's deliberate howlers from years ago.
It was during a match between the West Indies and England when Michael Holding (Windies) was batting and Peter Willey was bowling for England.
Johnston couldn't resist delivering the line:

The batsman's Holding, the bowler's Willey.

Last edited by Carruthers (8/25/2022 4:47 pm)

Board footera