cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2022 5:09 pm  #1

Cell phone carriers

I've decided that I'm going to get off of verizon wireless after 20ish years.  I'm just sick of the unnecessary price hikes and crappy customer service.

I was thinking of going with Mint Mobile.  SO much cheaper and the same coverage as I am getting now.

I don't know why I'm hesitating, but probably because of the whole 20yr thing.

Anyways, I'd love some input on your carrier, what you've tried and not liked, etc

Thanks!

8/31/2022 7:16 pm  #2

Re: Cell phone carriers

Consumer Cellular we pay around 50 a month for two smart phones with unlimited texts and talk. I cant remember how much data we have but we have never run out 

I Love my country, I fear the government.

8/31/2022 8:10 pm  #3

This month, one tried to change carriers from Sprint to T-Mobile.  They are suppose to be a same company.  The transition was so screwed up that they ended up terminating all service, losing that phone number, and then forced to start as a new customer with a new phone number.

It took weeks without any solution and one dead phone number.  And so many employees who were just as frustrated as the customer.

Nobody in T-Mobile and Sprint can even talk to one another.

Last edited by tw (9/01/2022 7:37 am)

9/10/2022 1:38 pm  #4

Google Fi been beddy, beddy good to me.  Would recommend, five stars.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/12/2022 12:13 pm  #5

Thanks for the info

Ooo - I like that google fi sells unlocked phones, too.  I barely use .5 gb of data since I'm at home 98% of the time, so I like paying for what I use.

Board footera