cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/13/2022 3:15 pm  #1

Outlook is a horrible email client

It's eating up probably 15 solid minutes each day with time-killing glitches-- that's 5 hours a month!

Mainly, it loses it's special formatting (I have unread emails in a larger, colored type). When I do a text search to find a specific email, then exit from the search results back to the Inbox, it loses the formatting some percentage of the time. I've tried exiting from the search in different ways, but none of them are 100% effective.

I can't get the formatting back without closing the whole application. The problem with this is I usually have two or three emails open, as a reminder to work on them. Every time I close the application I have to re-think and re-do all of the organization I've already done.

Sometimes it also UN-COLLAPSES all of my category folders, so I have to click each category header to get my regular view of 'Categories: (none)' visible on the screen again. Earlier today, it un-collapsed my categories because I clicked over to the Calendar tab, then back to the Inbox.

I'm doing all kinds of extra work throughout the day just to get it's features working the way they're supposed to out of the box. The features work, but ever so often they just stop being applied.

Instead of helping me stay organized, Outlook is creating extra work for me.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

9/13/2022 5:43 pm  #2

Re: Outlook is a horrible email client

I fucking hate Outlook.  For reasons similar to yours. and also it doesn't play nice with netdocs.

9/13/2022 7:10 pm  #3

The worst part-- this is supposed to be "productivity software"

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

9/13/2022 8:19 pm  #4

It affects your productivity, doesn't it?

9/14/2022 7:44 pm  #5

HM +10 

𝒻lint -- sorry bro

I hear ya. Outlook is a daily, indispensable ingredient of my worklife.  I hear ya.  We (... the Navy) are in a transition to (what the rest of the world knows as) Office 365.  It's been an epic struggle.

jus' sayin'.  I feel ya. 

Be Just And Fear Not

Board footera