cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/29/2022 6:48 am  #1

Today I realized:

I'm going to miss Senator Toomey. Pennsyltucky is gonna elect an actual snake oil salesman.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/30/2022 10:47 am  #2

Re: Today I realized:

I hope your alarm is premature and turns out to be wrong, but I suppose deep down they all are.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/30/2022 11:07 am  #3

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

I hope your alarm is premature and turns out to be wrong, but I suppose deep down they all are.

Most make decisions only from emotions.  Those, who are emotional, do not even understand a difference between emotions and logic.

That debate probably gave the election to Oz.  Most saw Fetterman's inability to always put forth the right words..  Therefore saw Oz as slicker and emotionally impressive.

David Brooks (NY Times commentator) implied this.  Noting that Fetterman's stuttering (due to a stroke) has probably made Oz look superior.  How one talks (spin words like a snake oil salesmen) means most to emotional types.  What he actually says means little.

Why did most smoke cigarettes to increase health?  Emotions proved it.

Why were so many scammed by Brexit?  Same emotions.

Last edited by tw (10/30/2022 11:08 am)

11/18/2022 6:37 pm  #4

tw wrote:

Most make decisions only from emotions.  Those, who are emotional, do not even understand a difference between emotions and logic. 

No, you can gather all the facts and numbers in the world but there is still an emotion component to any judgement you make. To deny that and claim pure logic is making the call is just lying to yourself.
AI, artificial intelligence, makes decisions with facts and logic but no emotion. Maybe that's why AI makes so many mistakes.

Hmm, maybe you are correct and make decisions with only facts and logic... that would explain why you make so many mistakes.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera