cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/08/2022 12:36 am  #1

Changing Demographics

Used to be about everyone in town was like us, went to one of the two churches, and the darkest ones were italian or a lifeguard. But everything has gone to hell since the others started moving in. Some of them go to a weird church in the city and some don't go to church at all... can you believe that? Some of them are brown like in the kids book with monkeys and some are yellowish like the war movies. A lot don't talk good english like us and the older ones don't talk english at all.
They have made decent people like us nervous and protective of our culture of beer, BBQ, and baseball on TV. On TV because if you actually try to play it you'd spill the beer. We warn the kids not to be tricked by these others if they try to be friendly. Lord only knows what those kinds are up to.
The neighborhoods are changing...

I wonder what's going on in Hawaii?

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/08/2022 7:55 am  #2

Re: Changing Demographics

Heh... the ongoing flood of rich white people moving there permanently. Once white people outnumber another race to a significant enough degree, you can't help but have white-only neighborhoods. I'm sure you could probably find a Hawaii-sized piece of trendy real estate in every state that's been getting more gentrified rather than less.

11/08/2022 1:32 pm  #3

The most property owners in Hawaii are Japanese.   So we are looking so much alike.

I'm turning Japanese
I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so
Turning Japanese
I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so

11/08/2022 8:44 pm  #4

Hmm, Hawaii has a big decrease in mixed race neighborhoods, but it doesn't say the are becoming white or black, or yellow, just that they are becoming 80%+ of one of them.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera