cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/15/2023 9:44 pm  #1

Who knows.....

A/The quotation about a family being an organization run by its most insane member?  If it's us, please share -full quote and author appreciated

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/16/2023 6:53 am  #2

Re: Who knows.....

Bard says: The full quote is: "A family is an organization run by its most insane member." This quote is often attributed to the American writer and humorist Erma Bombeck, but it is not clear if she actually said it. The quote is a humorous way of looking at the dynamics of family life. It suggests that families are often chaotic and unpredictable, and that the most insane member is often the one who is in charge. This can be a source of both humor and frustration, but it also shows that families are ultimately about love and acceptance.Here are some other variations of the quote:

• "A family is a group of people who are crazy about each other." - Michael J. Fox
  • "A family is a place where you are loved for who you are, not for what you can do." - Unknown
  • "A family is a unit of people who love and support each other, even when they don't always agree." - Unknown

5/16/2023 12:10 pm  #3

It's fascinating how AI tells believable-sounding lies..
My question: "What was the saying that was something like, a family is an organization run by its most insane member?"
Five responses to the same question:

#1-- The saying you are referring to is often attributed to comedian and actor George Bernard Shaw. The quote goes, "A happy family is but an earlier heaven, while a family with one Discord is but a walking hell." ...

#2-- I apologize for the confusion earlier. ... Robert Anton Wilson ... "A family is a dictatorship ruled by its most disturbed member." ...

#3-- I apologize for any confusion. ... George Bernard Shaw ... "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." ...

#4-- I apologize for the confusion in my previous responses ... George Ade. ... "A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold." ...

#5-- I apologize for the confusion in my previous responses. The saying you are referring to is often attributed to the American author and humorist, Erma Bombeck. The quote goes, "The family is like a dysfunctional army. You have a general, the mother, who is completely insane." This quote humorously suggests that in a family, the mother, who often takes on the role of a leader, can sometimes exhibit eccentric or irrational behavior, contributing to the family's overall dynamics.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

5/16/2023 1:10 pm  #4

This site says it's "weakest" member.

“A family is a tyranny ruled by its weakest member.” George Bernard Shaw nailed the truth with this quote, and no better example is the narcissistic family.

5/16/2023 2:11 pm  #5

"The quote "The family is like a dysfunctional army. You have a general, the mother, who is completely insane," is from the book "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls. The book is a memoir about Walls' childhood growing up in a dysfunctional family. The quote is referring to Walls' mother, Rose Mary Walls, who was an alcoholic and a hoarder. Rose Mary was often erratic and unpredictable, and she created a chaotic and unstable environment for her children.The quote is a powerful and evocative description of the experience of growing up in a dysfunctional family. It captures the sense of chaos, uncertainty, and fear that can be present in such families. The quote also highlights the role of the mother in a dysfunctional family. The mother is often the primary caregiver, and she is responsible for providing structure and stability for her children. However, in a dysfunctional family, the mother is often unable to provide these things, and this can lead to a great deal of pain and suffering for the children."

Board footera