cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/04/2023 5:17 pm  #1

best movie/show foods

no one talks about the food in monsters inc. especially the coffee 

what one do you think has the best food

i am not stupid >: (

6/05/2023 5:42 am  #2

Re: best movie/show foods

Cartoons obviously!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/05/2023 4:03 pm  #3

Hayao Miyazaki / Studio Ghibli

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

6/05/2023 7:30 pm  #4

Yeah, I almost feel like "anime" and "Miyazaki" should be separate categories.

6/06/2023 1:11 pm  #5

Clodfobble wrote:

Yeah, I almost feel like "anime" and "Miyazaki" should be separate categories.

Miyazaki is, by accepted common usage, anime. I'm interested to hear why you think it should be in a different category*, if because "it's so good".. wouldn't removing the best thing from a category just be another way of saying the category itself isn't good enough to contain the thing? (but it does, so it is)..

*or maybe, "because it isn't based on a Manga"?

or something else

6/06/2023 10:43 pm  #6

I just meant that he's in a category all his own precisely because he's so good. Of course he's anime, but very little else in anime reaches his level of perfection when it comes to food.

6/06/2023 11:01 pm  #7

You people are weird.  The only time I have ever noticed/cared about the food was in Crocodile Dundee.  but not because it was good -just the humour

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/07/2023 8:02 pm  #8

Are any of these posts in English?

Am I having a stroke or something?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

6/07/2023 8:18 pm  #9

Well I had a stroke and let me tell you I barely understand them.  

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/08/2023 5:54 am  #10

Cultural stroke I guess, kids today.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/08/2023 6:00 am  #11

Flint wrote:

…*or maybe, "because it isn't based on a Manga"?…

That’s the ticket. Some consider it to be an anime movie and thus in the movie category much like the way we differentiate an animated movie from a cartoon. We don’t just call them all cartoons even though they’re all animated.

6/08/2023 1:06 pm  #12

Weird that the first work I thought of as another example of "high art" in the anime genre was Madoka Magica, also not based on a Manga, although absolutely a distillation of years of Shoujo "magical girl" Anime/Manga.

Board footera