cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2021 6:59 am  #151

Re: What is harshing your mellow today?

Limey wrote:

Me too.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/15/2021 7:31 am  #152

monster wrote:

For no apparent reason I'm missing beest to the point of tears in a bad way today.  And for every reason. Every fucking stupid thing.  No apparent reason other than him not being here obviously.  I've adulted like a mofo this week and I almost felt like.... I dunno something other than alone with my heart ripped out. For about a zillionth of a second.  Then reality inserted again and I.... yeah.

Sorry monster.  

4/15/2021 8:13 am  #153

griff wrote:

I had a micro-manager once, that was a nightmare.

"Knock knock. Now you say, 'Who's there?'"
"Who's there?"
"Control freak. Now you say, 'Control Freak who?'"

Repeat as needed until lesson learned.

Hey! That's me up there!

12/01/2021 7:55 am  #154

Not today, but, last night.  At the bar.
So, I'm sitting with some ppl, having a cold, refreshing beverage, when a guy walks up to me and says "My mother told me I need to talk to you."

The guy across from me goes "Oh shit.  This probably ain't good"  And urrbody laughed.  Except me.

I'm trying to place the guy, do I know him, where do I know him from, does he need an ass whupping, can I whup his ass, that sort of thing.  I'm a little dubious at the nature of the question.  Honestly, I was half afraid this guy was about to tell me I was his daddy.  No shit, that's where I was headed.

Turns out his mother knows me, alright, but not that way.  I trimmed her trees a couple times (not a euphemism, btw).

The boy has decided he's had enough of working for other ppl, and wants to start his own business.  He wanted to talk to someone who had been there and done that, and had asked Mom if she knew anyone who had their own bidness.  Mom remembered me.  They were having dinner in the restaurant, and she went to the ladies room.  Ya gotta go through the bar to get there, and she saw me, and pointed me out to the boy, and told him to talk to me.

That boy scared the crap outta me for a second.  I mean, my heart fell into my socks.  I thought "HFS, here's a Little Gravdi--I mean--here's a Little NeverWas right in m'face!"  I was thinking many things at once, none of them good.

Harshed the shit outta my mellow for a minute.

When I got to the part of my speech about everybody you see or talk to being your boss, he didn't like that part.  He hadn't thought about if you cut someone off in traffic, in a vehicle with your name (or business name) on it, that guy's not gonna call you when he needs whatever-you-do done.  You fuck somebody's trees up, or cut a tree through someone's house, that guy's gonna tell urrbody "Don't use that guy, whatever you do."

Everyone you tick off, however you did it, that's literally money outta your pocket.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (12/01/2021 7:58 am)

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

12/01/2021 8:35 am  #155

That's good advice. I'm glad you didn't turn out to have an accidental kid floating around in the world.

12/01/2021 9:29 am  #156

LOL.  I can imagine how you would have your mellow harshed by that.

I second the notion that the advice was sound.  Was that learned the hard way, or just kinda obvious?

12/02/2021 12:20 am  #157

TheNeverWas wrote:

if you cut someone off in traffic, in a vehicle with your name (or business name) on it, that guy's not gonna call you when he needs whatever-you-do done.  

Rest assured they're gonna call whoever answers the phone for you and burn their fuckin' ear off for a hot minute.  The day we dealt with the most irate customer on this topic and apologized for our dickhead techs until the aggrieved ran out of steam...... I got cut up by another one of them on my way home. IDK if he knew it was me -my plate is recognizable and I'm pretty sure he woulda for shits and grins- but I doubt it, we were 15 miles from work and he never taunted me about it later

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/15/2021 8:46 am  #158

In the true spirit of the season, I decided I should OH I DON'T KNOW BREAK MY F'N COLLARBONE yesterday. Was getting decorations down from the loft and the ladder slipped. No surgery fortunately..Consider mellow harshed.

12/15/2021 9:55 am  #159

Dude. Be safe and watch those ladders! Hope it heals up soon.

12/15/2021 4:56 pm  #160

Thanks. In the grand scheme of things, it's minor. It will heal and I'll be back to my grumpy self soon.

12/15/2021 8:39 pm  #161

oh nowhereman... you're doing it wrong.

I don't know what the right way is, but I'm pretty definitely sure that ain't it.

ouch, get better soon.

Be Just And Fear Not

12/15/2021 11:15 pm  #162

nowhereman wrote:

In the true spirit of the season, I decided I should OH I DON'T KNOW BREAK MY F'N COLLARBONE yesterday. Was getting decorations down from the loft and the ladder slipped. No surgery fortunately..Consider mellow harshed.

It's a shame you've never had any experience with ladders. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

12/16/2021 6:52 am  #163

Collarbone isn't on my bucket list... Heal well.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/16/2021 8:57 am  #164

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

nowhereman wrote:

It's a shame you've never had any experience with ladders. 

Or walking off the porch apparently. That's how I broke the other side 5 years ago. (Is there a theme here?)

12/19/2021 3:20 am  #165

You were just leveling up.

12/19/2021 12:11 pm  #166

Someone stole my wallet out of my car :/  Yes, it was in the car.  Yes, my car was unlocked.  Yes, I realize the stupidity.

12/19/2021 6:57 pm  #167

Oh no!

12/19/2021 7:20 pm  #168

@clod - Luckily, it was not as bad as it could've been.  I filed a report with the police this morning.  It was my HSA card, debit, license, and all the insurance/membership cards.  I found my social security card, so I know they don't have it.  And I found an old id card that isn't expired, so it should be easier to replace my licenses.  

It just sucks that it happened.  I guess it's also lucky that they didn't take my old ass ipod or the car itself.  I keep thinking that maybe I'm wrong and I just misplaced it, but the actual transactions at the stores speak to that not being true.

12/19/2021 11:11 pm  #169

There's a spate of this in our 'hood about every 3 months.  My car got tossed once when I must've failed locking it,  They took all the coins in the tray, even the pennies.  Left all electronics, everything else.  all they take is cash and any wallets.  Sorry bbro.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/20/2021 6:31 am  #170

That's annoying as heck.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/20/2021 9:00 am  #171

If nothing else, at least ya know ya got a thief in the neighborhood.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

12/21/2021 7:58 am  #172

Thanks monster.

It really is griff - especially since Wells Fargo won't give me any times on the transactions for the police until they're done with their investigation.  At first they tried to tell me they didn't HAVE times for the transactions.  AND THEY LET THE TRANSACTIONS CLEAR!  600 dollars, gone.

A comforting thought TNW

12/21/2021 9:58 am  #173

bbro wrote:

Someone stole my wallet out of my car

Fortunately they did not get your password to the Cellar.

1/01/2022 4:27 pm  #174

Wells Fargo should be burned at the stake... better yet slow roasted .
I would certainly challenge any charges approved after they were notified of the theft.
A responsible institution will freeze the account immediately and send you a new card with a new account number.

I had a CitiBank card that expired in September then got a bill for a charge they accepted the following January. I wrote on the bill I didn't have an account anymore. Every time they sent another bill with more interest and late fees, I write go fuck yourself on it and spring for a stamp to tell them. After a few months I got a letter saying they took care of it and I had a zero balance... on an account I didn't have.

Do not go gentle into that bad debt.

1/15/2022 7:02 am  #175

It's only 6am, and I already have a harshed mellow.

I can't find out why Colombia's Death Road is called the Trampoline of Death.  Trampolin de Diablo.  Trampolin de la Muerte.

I need to know why a trampoline is involved.  It's eatin' at me a little cuz I couldn't readily find that answer...

Trampoline?  I mean, I know what a trampoline is, just not how it applies to a death road.

Board footera