cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/27/2023 8:12 pm  #1

First theatre movie in 4 years

So we thought we'd catch old Harrison Ford breaking out the hat again. We were 2 of 4 folks seated. The  two ladies were overflow from Barbie. No preview rolled, no movie rolled, super apologetic kid couldn't get the movie to download in time.  Well, looks like I can wait another 4 years.

In other entertainment, Pete wants to see Barbie and I want to see Oppenheimer, they'll be on the small screen soon enough. I'm more comfortable sleeping through Barbie at home.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/28/2023 6:47 am  #2

Re: First theatre movie in 4 years

Griff, I know it sounds insane, but trust me--you will like Barbie. It is a genuinely good and funny movie.

7/28/2023 11:27 am  #3

In my defense:

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/31/2023 6:11 am  #4

So we ended up going to see Indi and it was charming. I'm not sure why it wasn't better received. The CGI used to make Ford young for a section of the film was beautifully done. Reminder to self, don't trust anything you see or hear this election cycle.
Due to respect for Clod, I have committed to watching Barbie on the small screen.

7/31/2023 7:07 am  #5

I saw Barbie on Saturday. It was pretty good. 

I almost pulled the trigger to see the new Indiana Jones movie on Sunday as well, but once I got the tickets in my cart I balked at the sticker shock.  So I'll just wait for it to come to Disney+ and pay the monthly fee to watch it.

I know inflation and it's 2023, but we spent a hundred to see Barbie, and Indy was going to be like $50 after the fees, etc.  and it's not like a few years ago and a movie was like getting a Starbucks coffee or 2.

[/get off my lawn].

Last edited by glatt (7/31/2023 7:08 am)

7/31/2023 5:15 pm  #6

We paid $10 a ticket on Thursday got the refund and passes. Saw it Saturday for $0.

7/31/2023 9:02 pm  #7

I'm going to see barbie the day after tomorrow. I will let yall know how it went

Litteraly on fire 

7/31/2023 9:47 pm  #8

we want pics of your pink stilettos

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

8/01/2023 9:59 am  #9

$10 per ticket is reasonable.

It's $17.50 here plus a reservation fee to pick out your seat in advance, and then a ticket processing convenience fee. It's like $22.50 a ticket or something like that all told.

8/01/2023 12:55 pm  #10

I have a lot of streaming services, and I'm waiting for movies to come to netflix or whatever.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

8/01/2023 3:27 pm  #11

I paid $23.99 to AMC (website) for Flash (Dolby)
$20.19 to Fandango for Indy (2D IMAX)
$13.33 to Fandango for Spider-man

All at the same theater within a 2 week span (I took the week of July 4th off).

Board footera