cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2023 12:06 am  #1

Goddamn it

Too many times I write a whole post complete with pictures then hit submit or preview and a screen pops up saying the site can't be reached and loses the whole damn post. Poof, gone, just like that. WTF? Grrrrrr

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/04/2023 7:06 am  #2

Re: Goddamn it

Grrr. indeed.  I hate computers but spend most of my waking time on them.

10/04/2023 1:20 pm  #3

glatt wrote:

that's me. all my work, hobbies, everything around the computer

I fear for a really bad solar flare. I do have some analogue skills. Drums, for one, use no electricity

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

10/04/2023 5:40 pm  #4

Before I click on Preview or Submit, I routinely right click on the post-to-be, then on Select All in the menu (which highlights the entire post) and lastly on Copy which copies it image links and all. If the post is lost after that, I just click on Paste and everything is back. 

10/05/2023 5:54 am  #5

glatt wrote:

All our end of quarter bullshit is coming due so this afternoon our office manager hands me my new laptop... Pretty much ruined my evening.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/05/2023 7:57 am  #6

griff wrote:

... so this afternoon our office manager hands me my new laptop... Pretty much ruined my evening.

I just saw the advertisement for that laptop.  Everyone there is quite happy and smiling.  Apparently you got the wrong laptop.

Board footera