cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/22/2023 8:53 pm  #1

A Voice from the Past

I dropped in to say hello and thank all of you for the kind wishes this year with my hospitalizations. It has been a challenge, but I'm still trying to fill my role as Santa for St Jude and LeBonheur's Children's Hospitals this year. I had a sleigh made in Canada and think it will be a big hit this year. 

The wife and kids are doing well. Remember all the turmoil I had with my youngest child and her mother keeping her from me? Addie is now a high school sophomore and is driving. Plus, her mom married my best friend, and we can co-parent on friendly terms. 

I hope all of you are well. If I can help you with anything, don't be afraid to drop me a message/email. I tried attaching a photo, but it seems I need to make more posts before the security features allow it. 

10/23/2023 6:03 am  #2

Re: A Voice from the Past

Glad to see you Sarge, I don't fazebook anymore so was not up to date.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/23/2023 7:27 am  #3

Hi Sarge.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

10/23/2023 7:51 am  #4

Sarge!  I'm glad you are keeping on.

10/23/2023 4:15 pm  #5

Howdy, Sarge!

10/23/2023 6:46 pm  #6

Ho-Ho-Ho!! A hearty hi back to all of you. Hopefully, it will allow me to post a photo of me so you get an idea of how I look now. Otherwise, look me up on Facebook and say "hi.

10/25/2023 8:03 pm  #7

Clodfobble. I want to thank you for all I learned from your book. I am the Santa for Beyond Therapy and We Rock the Spectrum in the Southeast. I specialize in non-verbal children through LeBonheur Children's Hospital. I just wanted to acknowledge the insights I had gained from you. 

10/25/2023 8:31 pm  #8

Buddy, I'm glad to hear about the co-parenting.. post divorce that is #1 priority to establish, but it can be tough. I mean it from the bottom of my heart-- congratulations that you got that worked out.

Un-freaking-believable that you are a special needs Santa. When that day comes, and you stand before the Pearly Gates, you go to the front of the line. VIP. God and Dusty Hill from ZZ Top drive one of those bad-ass hot rods down to St. Peter's office and pick you up personally. Just three bearded dudes chillin'

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

10/26/2023 10:15 am  #9

Thank you, Sarge, that's very kind of you! One of my good friends has a severe kid whose obsession is holidays, especially Christmas. When he had to go in for surgery, my friend calmed him by singing Christmas carols, which she just sort of does automatically, but all the nurses and doctors in the room immediately picked up and sang along without hesitation. It was pretty sweet.

10/26/2023 1:42 pm  #10

new doctor walks in the room, is extremely confused but a nurse nudges them and they start singing

Last edited by Flint (10/26/2023 1:43 pm)

10/26/2023 4:28 pm  #11

On their second surgery that day, which is just a normal person, the new doctor starts singing again, and everyone is like, "WTF is wrong with you?"

10/26/2023 5:41 pm  #12

lol

10/26/2023 9:14 pm  #13

Santy Sarge!!!

Good on ya, and great to hear from you!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

10/31/2023 5:13 am  #14

Great to see you here, Sarge!

Living life on the edge.

10/31/2023 5:45 am  #15

Clodfobble wrote:

On their second surgery that day, which is just a normal person, the new doctor starts singing again, and everyone is like, "WTF is wrong with you?"

Ha!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/04/2023 10:09 pm  #16

Speaking of distant echos I got a Christmas card from Billy Ding in China. First ever from him.
I'd send him a card at the beginning of December to the last address I had in France/Belgium/Singapore/ etc. Then he'd email me in February when it caught up with him and give me his latest address.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

12/05/2023 7:17 am  #17

He's been quite the world traveler!

12/05/2023 8:07 am  #18

Good old Billy.

12/05/2023 10:52 am  #19

Hey all! 

Nice to see you Sarge!

12/05/2023 2:57 pm  #20

Hi Dana!

12/05/2023 3:47 pm  #21

yooo

12/06/2023 6:56 am  #22

Hey!

12/07/2023 10:17 am  #23

Everyone's coming back home for the holidays...

12/07/2023 1:25 pm  #24

Happy, Happy. Merry, Merry.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

12/07/2023 3:47 pm  #25

fargon wrote:

Happy, Happy. Merry, Merry.

Since I have two ears, then I hear the same words twice.  Now I get to read them twice.

Board footera