cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/07/2020 9:14 am  #1

The Chaos Continues

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-2020-election-results/2020/11/06/932376507/trump-dumps-3-agency-leaders-in-wake-of-election

Trump Dumps 3 Agency Leaders In Wake Of Election

The Trump administration abruptly dumped the leaders of three agencies that oversee the nuclear weapons stockpile, electricity and natural gas regulation, and overseas aid during the past two days, drawing a rebuke from a prominent Republican senator for one of the decisions.The sudden departures included:

• Lisa Gordon-Hagerty, administrator of the National Nuclear Security Administration, the first woman to oversee the agency in charge of the nuclear stockpile. She was required to resign on Friday.
  • Bonnie Glick, deputy administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development. She was replaced by the acting administrator John Barsa, who had run out of time for his more senior role under the Federal Vacancies Reform Act.
  • Neil Chatterjee, chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and a former aide to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. He was replaced as chairman, though he will remain at FERC, an independent agency, as a commissioner.

Last edited by griff (11/07/2020 9:15 am)

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/02/2020 9:39 pm  #2

Re: The Chaos Continues

The Chaos Continues...

Trump, who has lost in state courts, state appellate courts, state supreme courts, cannot get his complaints heard at the United States Supreme Court, turns to the court of last resort, the court of public opinion.

More lies and conspiracies and madness.  I wonder how long this crap will stay online, as redonkulous as it is.

I'm not going to repeat or elaborate or address his bullshit, I'm just noting that he's gotten his second wind and his blowing it all over YouTube.  

You've been warned.

Be Just And Fear Not

12/03/2020 7:39 pm  #3

The Chaos Continues...

AG Barr is compromised and part of the Deep State, according to Lou Dobbs.

North Korea interfered with our election by dumping ballots at a port in Maine, according to Roger Stone.

Trump should suspend the Constitution and declare martial law, according to Michael Flynn.

Good god.

Be Just And Fear Not

12/20/2020 12:06 pm  #4

Normally I would just put a lot of these destructive policies that Trump has come up with as products of his personality. But the method used by him to decimate the United States government including intelligence agencies requires a lot of knowledge.  Who gave him advice on how to leave the United States open to attack?  Traditional Republicans prefer smaller government but no one with any experience could have thought that his changes were healthy. 

Biden's 1st solo intelligence briefing on January 21st will be interesting.  It may contain the line "the last president was a Traitor"

Last edited by richlevy (12/20/2020 12:07 pm)

Exercise your rights and remember your obligations - VOTE!

12/20/2020 3:23 pm  #5

His unwillingness to finger Russia is really going to feed left wing conspiracy theorists. I think he really is this stupid.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/20/2020 8:07 pm  #6

Question remains how much of government will be intentionally trashed in the next month to harm the next administration.  At the expense of America.  Trump's long history is to harm everyone else only to advance himself.  No reason for him to change now.

The term is to resignigate.  To tell an employee that he has resigned.  It is happening every week.

All intelligence people and even Trump's blindly loyal Secretary of State say Russia did a massive internet hack.  So Trump is posting a tidal wave of tweets that blame China.  Trump's four plus year history has been to praise Putin.

Loyal Trump staffers are now so alarmed of Trump's marshal law discussions as to all but run to major press sources.  Sounding an alarm.  Michael Flynn publicly discussed marshal law as a solution to the election.  Was then invited to the White House (they say) to further discuss this option.

Trump wants to be a despot - just like his good friend Putin.

Trump said his intelligence agencies lied.  Because Putin said it was not true.  A despot would believe Putin over all American intelligence agencies.

12/20/2020 8:40 pm  #7

tw, when smokin' joe takes the Big Chair in jan, and ORANGE MAN is taken out behind the woodshed like old yeller: what will you rant about then?

12/21/2020 9:49 am  #8

henry_quirk wrote:

tw, when smokin' joe takes the Big Chair in jan, and ORANGE MAN is taken out behind the woodshed like old yeller: what will you rant about then?

McConnell.

Weaponized Funk

12/21/2020 10:49 am  #9

Luce wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

McConnell.

for tw, he's a poor substitute

12/21/2020 12:24 pm  #10

tw still rants about both george bushes.. you think trump being out of office is going to change how much tw rants about him?

12/21/2020 1:12 pm  #11

erika wrote:

tw still rants about both george bushes.. you think trump being out of office is going to change how much tw rants about him?

yeah, you're right

12/22/2020 11:21 am  #12

erika wrote:

tw still rants about both george bushes..

Anyone who fails to learn from history is doomed to repeat it. Apparently that is a rant.

What you call a rant is also discussions of Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, and Obama.

Apparently you are reading carelessly.  Notice good things that George Sr did.  And a near Great Recession II almost created by George Jr.  Apparently you regard any comment that also says why as a rant.  Do you read more than a first paragraph?   Apparently you have an opinion without reading.  Which mean, like Henry, you wasted bandwidth.

Are you are extremist or a moderate?

1/02/2021 8:23 pm  #13

The Chaos Continues:

Congressman Louis Gomert (R), Texas, having had his lawsuit *against* VP Pence dismissed by U.S. District Judge Jeremy Kernodle, a Trump appointee from Gohmert’s hometown of Tyler said:

Louis Gomert wrote:

he had sought redress in court “so that you didn’t have to have riots and violence in the street.”

“Bottom line is, the court is saying, ‘We’re not going to touch this, you have no remedy,’” Gohmert said. “Basically, in effect, the ruling would be that you’ve got to go to the streets and be as violent as antifa and BLM.”

I don't want violence, you're making me violent.  I paraphrase.

Ok, I'll quote him:

Louis Gomert wrote:

“I have not encouraged and unequivocally do not advocate for violence,” he said in a written statement that maintained he was only “recognizing what lies ahead when the institutions created by a self-governing people to peacefully resolve disputes hide from their responsibility.”

The true believers in this *hoax* all sound so... true believer-y.  It's scary.

Last edited by BigV (1/02/2021 8:25 pm)

Be Just And Fear Not

1/03/2021 4:10 pm  #14

Quick update.

Of course, in the wake of his loss in court, Gomert appealed.  His appeal was summarily rejected on the same day.  He's still performing in the court of public opinion.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/03/2021 4:13 pm  #15

1/03/2021 4:16 pm  #16

BigV wrote:

The Chaos Continues...

Trump, who has lost in state courts, state appellate courts, state supreme courts, cannot get his complaints heard at the United States Supreme Court, turns to the court of last resort, the court of public opinion.

More lies and conspiracies and madness.  I wonder how long this crap will stay online, as redonkulous as it is.

I'm not going to repeat or elaborate or address his bullshit, I'm just noting that he's gotten his second wind and his blowing it all over YouTube.  

You've been warned.

The Chaos Continues.

He's at it again, or still, I should say.

During a phone call with the Secretary of State of Georgia, Brad Raffensperger, Trump urges him find 11,780 votes.  Rumor, insinuation, veiled threats, empty threats, it's just sickening.  Listen with caution.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/03/2021 4:17 pm  #17

jinx!

You owe me a coke.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/04/2021 9:18 pm  #18

BigV wrote:

BigV wrote:

The Chaos Continues...

You've been warned.

The Chaos Continues.

He's at it again, or still, I should say.

During a phone call with the Secretary of State of Georgia, Brad Raffensperger, Trump urges him find 11,780 votes.  Rumor, insinuation, veiled threats, empty threats, it's just sickening.  Listen with caution.

Hey.  IC.  

What are your thoughts about this story?

Be Just And Fear Not

1/04/2021 9:52 pm  #19

yes, listen to the five minute excerpt, then read the full transcript...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/03/us/politics/trump-raffensperger-georgia-call-transcript.html

.....damned sight longer than five minutes

1/05/2021 7:16 am  #20

Actually, you can listen to the whole thing. His best defense is insanity.

1/05/2021 8:59 am  #21

Raffensperger is a damn American hero. He continued to tell the President the truth, which had already been fully reported, no matter what nonsensical conspiracy theory he floated.

1/05/2021 11:40 am  #22

henry_quirk wrote:

.....damned sight longer than five minutes

Trump spent 62 minutes trying to bully that Secretary of State to subvert the election.  But then that is what The Don has been doing his entire adult life.  Screw everyone else to enrich himself.

How many hundreds of contractors faced bankruptcy because Trump did not pay them for Taj Mahal in Atlantic City.  He has been doing this stuff his entire life.  So many adults, who are still children, love a bully.

After the first half hour, it is amazing that Raffensperger did not just hang up.  He must be a patient man.

Last edited by tw (1/05/2021 11:41 am)

1/05/2021 12:04 pm  #23

griff wrote:

Raffensperger is a damn American hero. He continued to tell the President the truth, which had already been fully reported, no matter what nonsensical conspiracy theory he floated.

It's such a low bar that I'm sad that I have to agree,

1/07/2021 12:19 am  #24

The Chaos Continues

no cites tonight, too tired.  you can look'em all up, except the Trump twitter videos.

Trumpist lawyer Lin Wood calls for VP Pence to be charged with treason, presumably for not declaring Trump winner.

Guliani calls for the election to be decided by Trial By Combat.  Not makin it up.  So much self-own.  Words fail me

And of course, Trump himself, saying hey, go home in peace even though this election which we won in a landslide has been stolen from us.  we love you, you're special. nope, not makin it up.  this, after pleading with Pence to show courage and do the right thing, in a rally a short distance from the Capitol.  then, telling the mob to march to the Capitol.  If this was a movie, I'd've turnd it off.  shark jumped, what's on netflix?

Be Just And Fear Not

1/07/2021 6:00 am  #25

Last edited by DanaC (1/07/2021 6:00 am)

Board footera