cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2021 7:44 am  #26

Re: The Chaos Continues

I'm starting to think Trump wasn't chastened by the impeachment.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/07/2021 7:59 am  #27

Yeah - i think you might be right. 

Seth Meyers nailed it:

1/07/2021 10:13 am  #28

When it became clear that there would be challenges to what should be a simple certification process,  I wanted to do something  artistic to express my outrage.  I was envisioning an old style band poster, the kind with portraits of the entertainers.

Now appearing. One night only.  Donald Trump and his Cavalcade of Congressional Catamites.

Too bad I stink at Photoshop.

Exercise your rights and remember your obligations - VOTE!

1/07/2021 10:15 am  #29

Another example of what everyone should have known five years ago.  Obvious even in the 1980s.  It was never about "We the People".  Otherwise Constitutional rights would be protected.  It was never about "We".  It was always about "Me, Me, Me".  Since that is how children think.  With contempt for the Constitutional rights of all others.  They even refuse to wear masks.

God has shown us who are fascists.  He created a virus. Fascist do not even wear masks. They portray symbols of Nazis and other hate groups; such as assault rifles.  Its always about "Me, Me, Me".

BBC interviewed a senior member of the PA Republican party.  Who says this is created by Democrats subverting government.. America is now at greatest risk because of what happened in GA.  Events in Washington are not a threat.  He cites Democrats as a greatest threat to America.  Even PA has many Neo-Nazis in top levels of government.

1/07/2021 1:05 pm  #30

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/07/2021 3:08 pm  #31

Fascist(s) do not even wear masks.

sure they do...newsome, for example, masks up for every public appearance (then whips that sucker right off when the cameras are down)

1/07/2021 9:47 pm  #32

The Chaos Will Continue to Continue

More, fresh evidence that Trump will exercise his pardon power to pardon himself.

New York Times wrote:

Mr. Trump has shown signs that his level of interest in pardoning himself goes beyond idle musings. He has long maintained he has the power to pardon himself, and his polling of aides’ views is typically a sign that he is preparing to follow through on his aims. He has also become increasingly convinced that his perceived enemies will use the levers of law enforcement to target him after he leaves office.

What do you think?  I think he'll try.  He's already practiced and succeeded using the legitimate power, however weirdly (Susan B Anthony?).  And this is a good warm up for him.  What does he have to lose?

Last edited by BigV (1/07/2021 9:48 pm)

Be Just And Fear Not

1/13/2021 12:45 pm  #33

BigV wrote:

The Chaos Will Continue to Continue

More, fresh evidence that Trump will exercise his pardon power to pardon himself.

Good luck with that. There are a lot of things written in the Constitution that the courts have set limits on, usually when someone tries to take something too far. Someone had to be the first person to cry fire in a movie theater for example.  The reason pardon power has never been challenged is because no one has ever taken it to this extreme.  I'm not sure anyone challenged Ford's pardon of Nixon and I know that was unpopular. Obviously a document that runs only a few pages can't account for every situation which is why constitutional law books are hundreds of pages.  I did read somewhere that accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt, so in the very worst case for Trump the pardon  protection would be removed while the pardon act would be taken into consideration during the trial.

Exercise your rights and remember your obligations - VOTE!

1/13/2021 1:30 pm  #34

I would hope that the Nixon pardon wouldn't have held up if challenged.  The bare minimum for a pardon ought to include a description of the offense.

1/14/2021 10:13 am  #35

Notice how that Republican is wearing a mask in public AFTER 6 Jan.    Previously, wearing a mask when in public was disloyal to Trump.

During 6 Jan, one could quickly identify Democrats and Republicans. Republicans were not wearing masks.  Suddenly many now are.  Now that Covid, due to people hiding together under tables, has spread to many of those Congressmen.   Where Republicans were not wearing masks.

Suddenly science rather that Trump is more honest.

1/15/2021 1:30 pm  #36

Interview with the Capitol Police officer who was seen being crushed in a doorway by the mob. 

While there are serious questions to be asked of service leaders and some individual officers who appeared to be sympathetic to the rioters, officers like this guy and the rest who fought to keep the mob away from their targets (and in one case deliberately misled them into following him away from where members of congress were sheltering in place)  are heroes. 

1/15/2021 4:18 pm  #37

Thanks for that D.

1/15/2021 7:46 pm  #38

DanaC wrote:

While there are serious questions to be asked of service leaders and some individual officers who appeared to be sympathetic to the rioters 

Questions go well beyond that.  Both FBI and DHS collect raw data from law enforcement throughout America.  Then put forth a report warning of threats.  Sometimes individually.  Sometimes a joint report.

One such report warned that 'Black Lives Matter' could result in a serious riot.  We saw a relevant police response to an obviously peaceful demonstration in Lafayette Park.   But strangely, same sources (including NYC Police), said 6 Jan was a serious threat.  With people who would be coming even with assault rifles and bombs.

Rumored are many in the FBI and DHS used personal biases to fear blacks.  While assuming those Trump supporters were 'law and order' people.  And so an investigation 'might' be ongoing as to extremist bias even in highest levels of DHS and FBI. One problem.  Trump has so seriously harmed the Inspector General corp.

Questions have been asked.  Will an investigation will be conducted?  Since facts clearly said 6 Jan attack on Capitol Hill was planned and would very likely happen.

So many came prepared to kidnap and maybe even lynch some members of Congress.  And VP Pence because Trump criticized his VP.

Well Hilary Clinton was running a pedophile operation in the basement of a pizza shop.  When that pizza shop did not have a basement, the terrorist blamed bad information.  Not his inability to think like an adult.  So many Timothy McVeigh types stormed Washington.  For some reason, top management in both DHS and FBI considered them law abiding Americans.  When raw data said otherwise.

Those police who took selfies with terrorists are but obvious and tiny examples of a rot that goes much deeper.  Tens of millions of Americans openly believe lies.  Large numbers still say 6 Jan was a good thing.

1/15/2021 7:48 pm  #39

DanaC wrote:

(and in one case deliberately misled them into following him away from where members of congress were sheltering in place)  are heroes.  

Eugene Goodman.

1/15/2021 8:02 pm  #40

that was difficult to watch.

As was the whole scene that day.  I do, I think, understand how people can *truly believe* what they're standing for.  I believe.  "confirmation bias, why you're soaking in it".  I'm not different that way.  But what I'm soaking in and what "they" are soaking in is dramatically different.  I call mine "reality", irony of ironies, they call theirs "reality". 

wtf ppl.

I call theirs "a cult" and they call mine "fake news".  at least we're not fighting over the same noun.

y'know.  I don't have a definitive answer to this rupture in the whole space-time-reality-continuum. But I'm worried that my confidence in the rightness of my position is matched by their confidence.  Even though they're wrong.  It's sad and scary.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/15/2021 8:05 pm  #41

tw wrote:

DanaC wrote:

(and in one case deliberately misled them into following him away from where members of congress were sheltering in place)  are heroes.  

Eugene Goodman.

HUZZAH!

Be Just And Fear Not

1/15/2021 8:35 pm  #42

BigV wrote:

tw wrote:

DanaC wrote:

Eugene Goodman.

HUZZAH!

He deserves a medal and a raise.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

1/16/2021 7:25 am  #43

Yep - some very brave people 

1/16/2021 12:04 pm  #44

DanaC wrote:

Yep - some very brave people 

Pilot of a crashing plane is just a brave.  They all share a common theme.  They work the problem.  They do not let emotions control their thoughts.

What did he do that was special?  He found and applied a better solution.  But the most important part. He kept thinking like an adult.  And did not let his reptilian brain (emotions) take charge.

For the same reason, it is amazing that Capitol and Washington Police did not open fire on those terrorists.  They had every right to.  But in mass numbers, then kept thinking logically like adults; not emotionally like a child.  So hundreds did not die in a massive gun fight between thousands of armed people.  Yes there were easily that many guns being carried that day.  Some because it was their job.  Others because they were emotional.

1/16/2021 3:55 pm  #45

For the same reason, it is amazing that Capitol and Washington Police did not open fire on those terrorists.

not really...they had no real cause to

I hate to contradict you, tw, cuz -- bein' the level-headed, even-handed guy you are (vote tw for moderator!) -- you're usually right about these things, but...

thousands of armed people.  Yes there were easily that many guns being carried that day.  Some because it was their job.  Others because they were emotional.

...if security was a lax as everyone sez it was, and if all the folks who showed up were armed insurrectionists intent on takin', tryin', and hangin' congress, then we woulda have a whole whack of folks dead, on both sides, with a goodly number of congress folk among 'em

no, the majority of the boneheads went to d.c. to peaceably assemble, believin' their reps would actually listen and that news folks would fairly report

a small portion of those boneheads got themselves riled up and got real stupid

but these boneheads weren't terrorists or rioters (at least not when compared to the professionals)

no, they're just boneheads...desperate boneheads who'll pay the price for gettin' hot under the collar

and, thank goodness they are just boneheads and not well-coordinated insurrectionists, right?

as I say: if that group had gone to d.c. with the intent of offin' congress, they'd have done it, yeah? who was there to stop 'em?

so, like I say, I don't wanna contradict you, but -- seems to me -- there was restraint on both sides that day

1/16/2021 4:50 pm  #46

henry_quirk wrote:

For the same reason, it is amazing that Capitol and Washington Police did not open fire on those terrorists.

not really...they had no real cause to ...
...if security was a lax as everyone sez it was,

Confirmation bias and extremist rhetoric is glaringly obvious.  Anyone with micron of knowledge knows 6 January was the classic example of the Executive Branch orchestrating an unConstitutional attack on another branch.  A crime promoted by Trump and amplified by other extremists including Sen Hawley, Sen Cruz, and Rudy Giuliani - Trump's personal lawyer.  A resulting attack even included military scaling of the Capitol to harm the government.  Even active duty soldiers were involved.  And apparently to also kidnap or kill Congressman.  But our resident extremist somehow thinks a Black Lives Matter demonstration was violence.  Nazi-like Americans would not be so violent - so says Henry.

Lack Security?  About 2000 police were on scene.  But since so  many are anti-Americans (promoted by Nazi and KKK hate) like Henry, those 2000 police were overwhelmed.  Omly 116 police were injured.  Which proves there were not enough. To protect from people who claim they represent 'law and order'. And carry assault rifles to prove it.

Henry loves that those Nazi-like terrorists physically damaged the building. Stole things. Carried handcuffs to kidnap Congressmen and staff.  Even planted bombs.  Henry says they were good people.  After all.  They only wanted to "wreck shit".   But somehow it was only a few boneheads who attacked some 2000 policemen.  Since right wing extremists are 'law and order' types.  Then 10,000 police should have been deployed.  Blame it all on the police.

Police showed great restrain by not opening fire.  They had very good reason to.  But again, Henry, like so many extremists here, loves Trump.  And Trump style hate.  So Trump terrorists must be good people.  His emotions says so.  Logic (use of a pre-frontal cortex) is not apparent.

What happened is no different to what happened in the Reichstag - resulting in another dictator - Hitler.  How curious.  Trump even praised Nazis in Charlottesville.  Henry also refused to condemn that.

A few boneheads tried to kidnap and kill the Michigan Governor.  Bomb that state's Capitol building.  No problem.  It was only a few boneheads, using Henry's political justifications and a Timothy McVeigh style plan.  So that also was not a problem. A logic that only a loyal fascist would endorse.

It was only a few boneheads.  Just like "wreck shit" is also a good thing.  How curious.  A few boneheads only wanted to "wreck shit".  To protect a landslide election victory stolen from Trump.  Why would anyone defend such people?  Pre-frontal cortex is disconnected.  Emotions automatically justify what lies and 'fake news' ordered them to believe.

Or was it only alternative facts that also justified that terrorist attack?

Last edited by tw (1/16/2021 4:52 pm)

1/16/2021 5:01 pm  #47

Lack Security?  About 2000 police were on scene.  But since so  many are anti-Americans (promoted by Nazi and KKK hate) like Henry, those 2000 police were overwhelmed.  Omly 116 police were injured.  Which proves there were not enough. To protect from people who claim they represent 'law and order'. And carry assault rifles to prove it.

so: why isn't the bulk of congress dead and why isn't the capitol bldg a burned out shell?

Last edited by henry_quirk (1/16/2021 5:02 pm)

1/17/2021 11:57 am  #48

henry_quirk wrote:

so: why isn't the bulk of congress dead and why isn't the capitol bldg a burned out shell?

You saw the video.  Extremists are so emotional (so illogical) as to be lead astray even by one Capitol policemen.  Lemmings are also that easily lead off the end of a cliff.  According to Henry, those were the good people.

Henry blames everyone but anti-American terrorists who did only what enemies of America told them to do.  It was not Islamoterrorists or BLM, as Henry so often feared.  Greatest threat to democracy in Germany was Hitler.  Greatest threat to democracy in America is Trump.  Henry's tacit praise of terrorists demonstrates why Hitler also could so easily destroy democracy in Germany.

Irrelevant that one lies constantly using soundbites and by disparaging others.  (Even invents antifa as if they were Jews.)  Henry refuses to blame the only problem.  Terrorists with Timothy McVeigh beliefs.  Inspired by fascist preachers such as Sen Hawley (Missouri), Sen Cruz (Texas), and Rudy Giuliani (Trump's personal lawyer)..

Henry also refuses to criticize such leaders.  Clearly the entire problem was created by police who did not properly protect the Capitol.  The world according to Henry.  From what?  Henry will not even call them what they are.  Anti-Americans.  Enemies of democracy.  We once called them Nazis.  Henry will not condemn them.  Because they say what Henry believes.  They want to "wreck shit".

They even planted bombs in the Capitol.  And took shits in the hallways. Apparently the police are to blame.

1/17/2021 12:11 pm  #49

Extremists are so emotional (so illogical) as to be lead astray even by one Capitol policemen.

whole whack of 'em were in the buildin' doin' everything but offin' congress and burnin' up that buildin'

it's almost as if them folks exercised restraint

1/17/2021 12:29 pm  #50

henry_quirk wrote:

whole whack of 'em were in the buildin' doin' everything but offin' congress and burnin' up that buildin'

So again, Henry only has praise for the terrorists.  Again blames the police.

Board footera