cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/12/2023 9:24 pm  #1

Pixelbook Problems

My pixelbook camera, and now the bluetooth don't work. We did a system restart on the thing and that did no good. We finally after several hours of fucking with this POS it finally accepted my password. and let me into the system. then we find out that the bluetooth on the laptop don't work, it can pick up the tv remote two rooms away, but cannot pickup the bluetooth mouse sitting right next to it. And I tried more than one mouse. I'm at  whits end with this POS, and google is no help what so ever.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

12/13/2023 8:00 am  #2

Re: Pixelbook Problems

Sorry. man.  Computers are the worst.

12/13/2023 5:58 pm  #3

After you've tried everything that can be tried to get your laptop's Bluetooth working well and you're sure the issue is not with the mouse, at least it's not expensive to add a plugin Bluetooth adapter (dongle). You would turn off the built-in Bluetooth and use the tiny external plugin.  This is the kind of thing I'm talking about:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Bluetooth-Receiver-UB500-Controllers/dp/B09DMP6T22/ref=sr_1_3?crid=15UEUW10QGTBD&keywords=bluetooth+adapter+for+windows+11&qid=1702506322&sprefix=bluetooth+adapter+for+windows+11%2Caps%2C145&sr=8-3 

I've even used something like this to add Bluetooth to an old notebook PC that didn't come with Bluetooth built-in.

I hope you find a way to fix yours though.

12/13/2023 8:55 pm  #4

I got nuttin'.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

12/14/2023 7:09 am  #5

Give it a few years and Elon will install this level of joy in your head.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/14/2023 9:58 am  #6

I replaced the Mouse and it works. now the problem that started all of this, my camera don't work just a black screen. And I will need the camera Sunday for the Zoom Meeting.

12/14/2023 5:59 pm  #7

I don't know if you've already done these things or not; but, ...

A common cause is a drained battery. The thing is, it can take at least 30 minutes of charging to get it to the point it can reboot.

Another thing could be that a privacy switch was turned on and left on. One privacy switch can be on the camera and another even on some PCs.

You can check the permissions settings for the Zoom app. Maybe uninstall and reinstall the app. Doing that works with a lot of things, especially if you've missed some required updates.

Food for thought.

12/14/2023 9:27 pm  #8

Thank you Sir or Ma'am.

12/15/2023 11:38 am  #9

I heard from the internet that there is no way to fix the camera on a pixelbook. So I did what was suggested and got one from amazon its a logitech just like my new mouse. They say that it will be here Sunday in time for the Get Together on Sunday

12/15/2023 11:48 am  #10

You need a pixel fairy  such as Tinker Bell.

Last edited by tw (12/15/2023 11:49 am)

Board footera