cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/22/2023 12:43 am  #1

Other Climate Change Problems

WAPO says Washington DC was built on a filled in swamp. I'd seen that many times before so I accept it as true. But they brought up another point that could be unimaginably expensive to fix.

Yes, fixing this mess could get real spendy.
Most of the buildings have several levels of basements so just jacking the building is out.
Have the Jolly Green Giant wring it out?

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

12/22/2023 2:39 am  #2

Re: Other Climate Change Problems

what are ya gonna do? my 2 acres are at the bottom of a slide zone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

party like it's 1999

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

12/22/2023 8:15 am  #3

There's an interesting levee system a couple blocks to the left of this map, and it's somewhat cleverly camouflaged from view although it's in plain sight if you bother to see it.  Right in the middle of the National Mall.  Protection from a flooding Potomac on 17th street.  It's got walls the can be raised up out of the street in the event of a flood..

12/22/2023 4:29 pm  #4

I'd like to call off this Climate Change thing.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/23/2023 1:37 pm  #5

Seconded.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Board footera