cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/03/2024 2:23 pm  #1

I have acheived true crackpot status..

..because one of my fictional technological contrivances may have accidentally "SoLvEd" one of the biggest problems in real world physics. I was trying to imagine a device that aligns particles to the pathway leading to a future, predicted position, and what I ended up creating was a machine that produces the collapse of the quantum wave function-- which is necessary for quantum mechanics to accurately describe the behavior of the universe (which it does do), yet it is completely, embarrassingly, not understood.

The difference between me and Gene "Time Cube" Ray or L. Ron Hubbard is that I know I'm writing fiction.  

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

1/03/2024 4:40 pm  #2

Re: I have acheived true crackpot status..

You have achieved life beyond the year 42.  Have now reached Nirvana.  Or what Hindus call Moksha.  Obtained the classic cyberspace word known as 101010.   Have discovered the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.  All is now downhill from here.

Even Christ never achieve that number.  Live long and proper ... grasshopper.

1/03/2024 5:22 pm  #3

I feel like I'm getting there, but it could also just be garden variety cognitive decline making me easier to be convinced, whether by my own ideas, youtube videos, or Philip K. Dick's famous "sentient beam of pink light" that beamed information directly into his head.

...anyway... you can buy your own "delayed choice quantum eraser" which (according to your interpretation of quantum mechanics) proves retro-causality... https://www.thorlabs.com/newgrouppage9.cfm?objectgroup_id=6957 only $2,136.52

Last edited by Flint (1/03/2024 5:27 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

1/03/2024 7:24 pm  #4

I have acheived true crackpot status..

Seconded.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Board footera