cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/07/2024 10:58 am  #26

Re: Paint Colors in the Parking Lot.

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Yet school busses, police cars, and firetrucks are rarely white. 

Red is hard for the eye to see.  And a brain, in some conditions, will filter out red.  Other factors also apply.

For example, a completely different part of the brain only sees things that move.  Some colors are also seen differently.  So yellow, a color rarely found elsewhere on the road, becomes obvious to that part if a brain.

2/07/2024 9:26 pm  #27

DC Police cars are all white.I think NYC ones are as well.  LA still has the black & whites, I believe.  The latter two account for a lot of cop cars in media, and the former is my personal experience.  So I still see a lot of white on the cop cars.

2/08/2024 7:02 am  #28

I saw 3 NY State Troopers at sunset last night. Dark Blue, low profile lights, speeding, tailgating, with their lights off. Thanks for keeping us safe!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/08/2024 12:44 pm  #29

I've seen motorcycle cops do that high-speed dance. Always much faster than traffic.

2/10/2024 4:26 am  #30

Happy Monkey wrote:

DC Police cars are all white.I think NYC ones are as well.  LA still has the black & whites, I believe.  The latter two account for a lot of cop cars in media, and the former is my personal experience.  So I still see a lot of white on the cop cars.

Yes white roof with black numbers for tracking from the air. LA has something like 40 choppers.
DC cruisers are white as a result of one decision by somebody, same with any large department.
The smaller suburban departments have a lot of this sort of thing.
I saw one the POLICE on the side was the same color as the car but it was matte finish instead of shiny.
Guess they want you to know it's a cop when you get close enough to piss on it.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/10/2024 2:33 pm  #31

Many police department have implemented black cars to be less obvious.  Many have the word "police" in some kind of paint that can only be seen when the light hits it just right.

Even flashing light bars are now hidden or minimized so that one does not realize is it a police car.  Colors, letter, and shapes selected to not be so obvious - until they light up with many flashing colors (red, orange, white, and blue).

Some Jersey State cops suspended or fired (never knew which) for routinely drag racing on the Garden State Parkway.  In cars that were not entirely obvious.

2/10/2024 6:26 pm  #32

Make all the police cars pink... tell the cops it's the new black... everyone's happy.

2/11/2024 1:56 pm  #33

Police in pink uniforms.  Then we can always find a policeman when we need one.  That solves a crime problem.

Board footera