cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/18/2024 2:14 am  #1

Chief of Police Rabbit Hole

I saw a clip of the Police Chief in Kansas City who is a woman. Didn't surprise me as I've seen others, but it poked my curiosity.
I hollered down the hole, Hey internet, how many females police chiefs are there in the US. I figured it would holler back a number or two but noooo.
Grabbed me by the ankles and dragged me down the hole, then shackled me to the monitor.
I thought each police department had a chief to sign reports, take shit from above and below, but avoided shoot-outs and dangerous stuff for the most part.
I also figured it would be the senior cop in the department providing he/she hadn't pissed off anyone important and was reasonably clean and presentable on TV.
I was mistaken, apparently Chief is a profession that is trained for and people seem to jump around a lot, often less than 2 years, but I get the feeling this is a newer trend.
Also there are Police Chiefs in tons of different departments, with unique situations to that location.
It seems some forces have multiple chiefs... I suppose they need one person with the authority to sign documents and make decisions on each shift.

State by state, some are hefty numbers, but a piss hole in a snowbank compared to the rest of the costs.

I had to call a friend to bail me out... 3 dozen donuts.
OH, when they say "unknown" they're working from records that don't answer that question.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera