cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/29/2024 2:09 am  #1

Video... A short drive in the country

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/29/2024 7:20 am  #2

Re: Video... A short drive in the country

Did this used to be more common when "kids" were modding their hoods? We used to see a lot of hood pins in my high school parking lot.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/29/2024 2:03 pm  #3

Re: Video... A short drive in the country

A hobby I got pretty good at in my early 20's was talking salesmen at upscale car lots to take test drives in the exotic cars of the day. Never had the dough to buy one, of course.
One of the snootiest dealers was Peter Satori in Pasadena who at any time had dozens of beautiful cars.
One day I struck up my spiel to a young salesman who talked of his racing experiences and we went for a ride in a '54 or so Ferrari Coupe, not a top of the line model but red and right hand drive, a MM or Europa perhaps. He was to drive first, then my turn.
Near the Rose Bowl is a great space called Brookside Park and Country Club, with many lightly travelled roads. While tooling along one of them at a pretty good clip, the hood came up and blocked the windshield and the view forward. Young race driver did well in getting off the road, but the hood was kind of bent in the middle over the roof. We got it straightened out, re-latched and back to the showroom, but I never got my turn that day.

Board footera