cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/27/2024 6:28 pm  #1

Dirty Sky

Looks like a lot of trash that might run into each other but up that high I guess they're pretty far apart.
We've heard plenty of boasting about what they can do, but not sure we know everything they can do.
Might be able to see what you're doing... in the dark.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/28/2024 12:36 pm  #2

Re: Dirty Sky

Never should have been allowed to happen.

3/31/2024 8:57 pm  #3

Your dissatisfaction has been noted by satellite SL-673-V2 and forwarded to the proper authorities.
An investigation team from Elondia will drop by to get more details of your bias against progress.
Resistance, while futile, does provide the interrogators with amusement.

3/31/2024 10:07 pm  #4

For Geosynchronous satellites, if each dot was the size of one satellite, then the next dot for the next adjacent satellite would have to be maybe  500 or 1000 feet to the left.  Space between satellites is that massive.  Extraordinarily large red dots distort perspective.   Do not indicate how much space is actually between each satellite.

Yes it is quite crowded.  There is maybe about 700 miles between each satellite.

To far to space walk.

Last edited by tw (3/31/2024 10:11 pm)

3/31/2024 10:27 pm  #5

I read if they were single file on the same orbit it would be 4 miles between them. Can't check that without investigating altitude and I'm too lazy.

4/01/2024 9:56 am  #6

Geosynchronous satellites were positioned in slots every 3 degrees (longitude) around the equator.  So that directional antenna would only talk to their one satellite.  Maybe 180 satellites spaced in a circumference of 140,000 miles.

Many others farther away in lower orbits

Board footera