cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2020 9:45 pm  #1

Wildlife, living next to nature

Original thread created by xoxoxoBruce

Here is a lovely video of a Canadian who's adopted a zillion raccoons.

Happy Election Day and good luck with that.

Be Just And Fear Not

11/11/2020 12:57 am  #2

Re: Wildlife, living next to nature

Better be careful coons get rabies, both cat and dog distemper, round worms , and some other infections.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/24/2022 5:24 am  #3

Badgers and foxes are nightly visitors and it isn't unusual for the occasional guest appearance of a muntjac.
However, this scene of harmony slightly surprised me.
Perhaps the fox is wary of the muntjac and the muntjac is wary of the fox and so they co-exist in a state of tension.
OTOH perhaps neither gives a hoot!

I've had a couple of daylight sightings of the deer as has a neighbour.
There's a small paddock nearby in which self set sycamore and ash trees have taken a hold, along with other greenery, which no doubt provides excellent cover.

The Muntjac is a bit of a strange beast as they bark incessantly, thus drawing attention to themselves, but it isn't known why.
Still, they're welcome visitors.

7/26/2022 7:54 pm  #4

Cool.  I keep forgetting you folks have muntjac, --muntjacs?

I keep forgetting you folks have those little deer.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/27/2022 5:56 am  #5

Carruthers gets a small deer and a big fox and I get a small fox and a big deer.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/27/2022 9:18 am  #6

Cool.  Maybe I should get one of those trail cams for my back yard.

Although the wildlife has died down since early spring.  The fox has dispatched 2-3 bunnies and at least 2 squirrells, so it's a death zone back there now.  When I was travelling recently, my wife had to deal with the remains of one squirrel, and had to mention it at least half a dozen times. 

The fox chewed a hole in my kayak planter because it heard something in there, but I patched it back up again over the weekend with bondo.

Board footera