cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/11/2020 1:19 pm  #1

Ms Harris

Feisty broad doesn't begin to tell her story.  She's only 10 years younger than Ruby Bridges who as a 6 year old in 1960 was the first black child to  desegregate  an all-white school in Louisiana. 
60 years... look at all the progress.  60 years... look at how little progress.

I wonder if those shoes are registered weapons.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/11/2020 3:33 pm  #2

Re: Ms Harris

Since I doubt you're otherwise likely to hear any criticisms of her from the left here on the cellar, here's a pretty well-sourced list of The Reasons I Don't Like Kamala The Cop, via tumblr:

edit: sorry that all the links redirect through tumblr, i dont know how to fix that without manually changing each one to the destination link and i do not have the patience to do that

Last edited by erika (11/11/2020 3:35 pm)

11/11/2020 8:38 pm  #3

I would have preferred a more liberal ticket, and maybe it would have done better, but it may have done worse, and this ticket did win,

11/11/2020 11:27 pm  #4

She had a tough row to hoe and accomplished a great deal to get where she's at.
She was successful by making the right(no pun) people happy. That's the way democracy works.
Do the right thing? What is the right thing? In a democracy it's what the majority want.
The founding fathers were aware and afraid of that so they designed a republic to prevent the majority from bullying.
I doubt the founding fathers gave much thought to trans women, or a ton of other things they couldn't imagine.
Unfortunately their biggest attempt to do right was separation of church and state which lasted about a week.
The church, any church, is determined to tell people what to do/don't do, and you'll get nowhere in public office bucking them.
But the church is just saying you have to do this and that for they are the right things.
That's good, because the church has the clout to make the politicians do the right things.
I know what the right things are for the politicians should do....

the church told me.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera