cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2021 12:10 am  #76

Re: Misc photographs

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Is this progress?

NO!!!

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/28/2021 5:45 am  #77

Agreed

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/23/2021 3:18 am  #78

Here's one I haven't seen in a long time, the Russian surgeon taking his own appendix out.in Antarctica..

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/23/2021 11:08 am  #79

For some inexplicable reason, the press, especially TV, has decided that NO piece about the Covid epidemic can be published without several photos of injections.
I've seen thousands.
That never used to be so.  And there is no way it can do anything but discourage the reluctant unvaccinated.
I haven't seen any self-injections yet.  Anybody else? 

5/23/2021 11:18 pm  #80

Haven't seen it but don't doubt it's happened. Not difficult for medical people to do that.

5/24/2021 6:11 am  #81

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/24/2021 11:12 am  #82

That looks like there is a blood clot issue with inhaled vac.  Not true.

5/26/2021 1:44 am  #83

Sounds like a bad idea to me. What's it for? Vaccinate the naysayers against their will. That's a very bad idea. What about the compromised immune system folks? Kill 'em and chalk it up to god's will? 

5/26/2021 4:24 am  #84

Some people are afraid of needles, and a nasal spray is more attractive.  (Admittedly, I didn't follow the link, and I am assuming a nasal spray.)

5/26/2021 1:34 pm  #85

Well, how about a snortable vax, then?

Chop 'em out!!!

6/09/2021 9:13 pm  #86

I love this trailer designed and built by Glenn Curtiss...

6/09/2021 10:27 pm  #87

hence the term "land yacht"

Be Just And Fear Not

6/09/2021 10:35 pm  #88

When I hear 'land yacht' I see the 71 Eldorado Convertible.

6/10/2021 5:30 am  #89

nice choice

6/10/2021 6:03 pm  #90

Gravdigr wrote:

When I hear 'land yacht' I see the 71 Eldorado Convertible.

You're not wrong.  I like it more than the 75 -76 series.  The rear wheel skirts are 100% ok with me.  Mom and Dad had a Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight (can't remember the year, ... 1974?) Also with skirts.  First car I ever spun out, and other... notable firsts.  The Eldorado though... those plumb bow style fenders, daaaamn.. so fucking elegant and ostentatious.  I love it.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/14/2021 4:22 pm  #91

Excellent job painting this on a cement block wall, interesting choices too...

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (6/14/2021 4:26 pm)

6/16/2021 9:12 pm  #92

Would have posted this in What Is This?  but the thread in this new timeline exists only in my brane.....

meanwhile:

what is this?

Be Just And Fear Not

6/17/2021 4:13 pm  #93

Why is it that I can see BigV's pictures, but nobody else's?.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

6/17/2021 8:13 pm  #94

That, my friends, is $234 dollars worth of groceries in the back of Ranger Lake.

ooooof.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/18/2021 12:06 am  #95

I'm seeing some nutrition void empty calories there. 

6/18/2021 9:40 am  #96

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

I'm seeing some nutrition void empty calories there. 

Me too.  

Be Just And Fear Not

6/18/2021 11:27 am  #97

You must have hidden the single malts and caviar.

6/18/2021 3:56 pm  #98

No caviar.

But there are three handles of the cheapest grocery store bourbon,  $25 each, and six plastic jars of mixed nuts/cashews/macadamias, prices vary ~15-20 buck a jar.  That's the bulk of it.  Fresh corn, corn chips, some soft cheese, oh, some beers some ciders.  A hundred dollas an armload.  Yikes.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/18/2021 4:09 pm  #99

high-density items, but still..

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

6/19/2021 9:54 am  #100

We had caprese sandwiches for dinner that night.  They were delicious, extremely ripe organic tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, grilled in the sandwich press.  A little drizzle of balsamic glaze, one of those Red Hook Brewery Storm Surge Hazy IPAs... the corn didn't get roasted until last night.

It's not pretty, the sausage making.  But it's so delicious right off the fire.  I tried something different this time, by accident, a change I think I'll retain.  I used twine to wrap up the corn, soak the bound corn in water, then all of them onto the grill.  Our little grill can manage ten ears at a time, so I make ten ears at a time.  The step I usually do that I forgot this time was to pull back the husks while raw and take out the silks---yuk--ptui.  They just don't sit well on my palate.  But I didn't this time and when I unwrapped the first one, steaming hot on the inside, glowing char on the edges on the outside, the silks just melted off as I peeled back and wound up the husks into some kind of handle.  It really worked.  

I use "handle" in my left hand and slice the kernels from the cob with my right hand.  Winding the husks one way is better as it tightens the "handle" as I turn the ear of corn to be trimmed, the other way just unwinds it into a mess.    There's a good deal of corn produced with this method.  It'll last a couple days

Be Just And Fear Not

Board footera