cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/22/2021 7:02 pm  #351

Re: Adventures of Home Ownership

bbro wrote:

I'm not going through the effort of multiple sandings.....or sanding at all since there's going to be shelf liner.

How dd that cat pee on shelves?

Better is to neutralize pee before trying to seal it.  Vinegar is one material that does that.

10/22/2021 9:17 pm  #352

TheNeverWas wrote:

fargon wrote:

tw is right.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

More importantly ..... please stay on this planet, tw is usually on another one and the risk you might end up there has got to be higher than the risk of sticking this moment out.   Also, don't forget, Fargon is on some pretty strong meds right now.......

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/23/2021 3:19 pm  #353

Today was not as productive as I would've liked.  Finishing the floor in the sunroom took longer than expected.  I ran out of the white tiles, too.  I'm going to have to take some from the front of the gym.  I'm also trying to figure out what to do around the border.  Especially in front, there's about a 2 inch or more gap.  I was thinking of putting baseboard around the border, but on it's side so it covers the gap.

I'm trying to decide what should be done tomorrow and if it would be better to sleep over the house or not.  I hate being so indecisive, but I just can't make up my mind.  It would be so much easier if it wasn't just me all the time.  It's more about the dogs than anything at this point.

10/23/2021 3:41 pm  #354

tw wrote:

You've been dead for a long time.  Go towards the light.

You lead the way.

Right behind ya.

Promise.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

10/23/2021 3:42 pm  #355

monster wrote:

TheNeverWas wrote:

fargon wrote:

tw is right.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

More importantly ..... please stay on this planet, tw is usually on another one and the risk you might end up there has got to be higher than the risk of sticking this moment out.   Also, don't forget, Fargon is on some pretty strong meds right now.......

Good points, all.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

10/23/2021 11:44 pm  #356

bbro wrote:

I'm trying to decide what should be done tomorrow and if it would be better to sleep over the house or not.  I hate being so indecisive, but I just can't make up my mind.  It would be so much easier if it wasn't just me all the time.  It's more about the dogs than anything at this point.

I have a feeling as long as they're with you it doesn't make much difference to them where. 
I admit I haven't spoken with your dogs directly, but going with my experience with my own and others. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/24/2021 1:30 pm  #357

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

bbro wrote:

I have a feeling as long as they're with you it doesn't make much difference to them where. 
I admit I haven't spoken with your dogs directly, but going with my experience with my own and others. 

Heh - oh yea.  I decided that the best course of action is to sleep over the house and leave them here while the apartment is being packed.  I'm also giving them anti-anxiety meds to help with the madness of the day.

I finished the major parts of the sunroom floor.  And I was able to find some scraps to use at the front of the room, so I'll be able to just attach normal molding.  I think.  There's some areas where the room between the wall and floor is a little large because I suck at that kind of stuff

I FINALLY HAVE A MEDICINE CABINET!  My friend was finally able to come over today and help/install it for me.  I also got the the stickers, so those will be going on too.  There's a few designs I'm not impressed with.  Like, one of them is a picture of damaged tile.  Why the fuck would you print a picture of damaged tile???  Who wants that??  It's too much of a pain to return, though, so I'll figure something out.

10/24/2021 4:38 pm  #358

bbro wrote:

Why the fuck would you print a picture of damaged tile???  Who wants that?? 

Do they make pictures of bullet holes?

10/25/2021 1:15 pm  #359

Moving day!  Of course it's rained a few times.  And, sadly, the shit vinyl ripped in the kitchen under the weight of the china cabinet.  I'm going to see if I can get a patch for it.  Not sure how much I care, though, because I probably would've done it eventually, too.  I'll probably rearrange stuff, but I'm excited to see the sunroom *complete*.  It still doesn't feel right, though.  Completely weird.  At least I'm out of the shit apartment, though.

10/25/2021 5:09 pm  #360

Huzzah! Congratulations!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/25/2021 5:27 pm  #361

YAY!!!

I Love my country, I fear the government.

10/25/2021 6:30 pm  #362

Thanks griff and fargon! 

Of course Max had to make it especially hard by being ill.  And it turns out that my bed wasn't put together correctly, so I'm spending another week on the couch.  At least I have my full size blanket this time

10/25/2021 7:16 pm  #363

Congratulations, welcome to your new home!  

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/25/2021 7:23 pm  #364

Well done!

10/25/2021 7:52 pm  #365

Thanks monster and glatt!

I'm looking at all the stuff I have and wondering how it seems the same amount of fullness as a 700 sq ft smaller apartment :|

10/26/2021 12:21 am  #366

One giant leap for bbro and company. The move should make life slightly less crazy, just a little bit but any is always welcome. You Go Girl! 

10/26/2021 5:57 pm  #367

Thanks Bruce!

Definitely will be less crazy.  I don't have to worry about deadlines to get back to the dogs.  They're already here - lol

10/26/2021 6:29 pm  #368

I was going to ask how it felt to wake up in your new bedroom in the new place that is all yours, but I guess if you're on the couch it isn't quite the same.

For me, the best feeling in the world was having a driveway where I could park the car, and not be walking 2-3 blocks to get to the apartment from wherever I found a spot.

10/26/2021 7:09 pm  #369

glatt - the parking is the best!  I have two options, too!!  And when I get the garage opener installed, I'll be able to park it INSIDE!  Crazy, right?

I got my bed fixed.  I thought it was something simple, but it wasn't.  There are 3 levels where you could put the support underneath the boxspring/mattress.  The sides were all the way to the bottom (correct), but the middle support was in the middle (incorrect), so it wobbled back and forth.  And it's not like it was slight.  Like, how do you just leave it like that without saying something???  Anyways, it's all fixed, but I don't want to sleep in there yet.  It's still too cluttered for me to be comfortable.  I'm going to take the time to unpack all the clothes.  It's very exciting because I can use both dressers at the same time!  One of them lived in my walk in closet at my old place, so it wasn't easily accessible, so it was more of a "storage" dresser. 

I also requested one of the dressers to be out in a (normal depth) closet, but if they couldn't figure it out, just leave it.  Of course they couldn't.  Even though I told them they'd have to pop the doors out of the track to open wider.  Well, I GOT IT MYSELF THANK YOU VERY MUCH.  Now, I just have to figure out how to remove the doors completely.

10/26/2021 7:24 pm  #370

bbro wrote:

glatt - the parking is the best!  I have two options, too!!  And when I get the garage opener installed, I'll be able to park it INSIDE!  Crazy, right?

yes.  The garage is for storing junk whilst your more valuable an essential car is parked outside

10/26/2021 7:31 pm  #371

monster wrote:

bbro wrote:

yes.  The garage is for storing junk whilst your more valuable an essential car is parked outside

LOL - That's what everyone keeps telling me, but I am determined to actually use it.  I hate cold cars and frost.  I also hate sweltering cars from the sun.

10/26/2021 9:51 pm  #372

I see me 20 years ago.......

Guess where my car gets parked..... and I live in the Frozen North. 

...But you have much more get-up-and-go than me.  You can do it.  RESIST THE JUNK

10/26/2021 9:55 pm  #373

You have other places to stash stuff so you should be able to stick to your plans.

10/27/2021 7:29 am  #374

@monster - not as much get up and go as you think!!  It's a little off character for me lately - lol.  To be honest, seeing the state of the house my parents left behind is a huge motivator NOT to collect more than I need 

@Bruce - I'm just trying to get things outta boxes right now - lol

10/27/2021 11:36 am  #375

I have a one car garage and a two car carport.
Since I love my vehicles, that is where they live.
Since that is where they live, they love me.
Right now my very big truck is in the garage part undergoing a difficult clutch repair, making it more crowded in there than usual.

I had to login today for the first time in months. 

Board footera