cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/13/2020 1:16 pm  #51

Re: the kraken?

Extremists openly admit they want to "wreck shit"

yep...wreck it, wreck it good...  👍

12/15/2020 9:25 am  #52

12/15/2020 10:12 am  #53

It's over.

Weaponized Funk

12/15/2020 10:36 am  #54

Luce wrote:

It's over.

and?

12/15/2020 10:44 am  #55

take it as you will...

https://file.wikileaks.org/file/

12/15/2020 12:22 pm  #56

henry_quirk wrote:

take it as you will...

https://file.wikileaks.org/file/

I don't know what that means. Most of those are from 1984 a long time ago. What are you trying to say?
As far as trump goes it's over the electoral collage has spoken, so get over it and welcome our new houseplant.
I hope he is better than the last one.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

12/15/2020 2:00 pm  #57

I don't know what that means.

and?

What are you trying to say?

come see me in the basement: I'll whisper it in your ear

As far as trump goes it's over the electoral collage has spoken

and?

so get over it and welcome our new houseplant.

ain't my houseplant

12/15/2020 4:22 pm  #58

Undertoad wrote:

Not here, but elsewhere, I can taste some actual disappointment on both sides that the coup did not appear because some predicted it so hard

I think there's a difference between staging a coup, and the coup succeeding.
Maybe the word "coup" is a sticking point.

Here's what definitely happened: everyone predicted that Trump was undermining confidence in mail-in voting in order to inflate his election day numbers (this DID happen), declare an early victory (this DID happen), then claim fraud as the Dem-leaning ballots were counted (this DID happen), stage a series of legal shenanigans (this DID happen), then pressure state legislators to appoint a different slate of electors (this DID happen). etc. etc. on down the line ... the prediction was that these things would be attempted.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

12/15/2020 8:03 pm  #59

henry_quirk wrote:

snip--
ain't my houseplant

Right.

But if you are an American citizen, he is your President Elect.

Be Just And Fear Not

12/16/2020 3:12 am  #60

Hillary was an elector from NY and voted for Kamala on Monday.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

12/16/2020 6:22 am  #61

BigV wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

snip--
ain't my houseplant

Right.

But if you are an American citizen, he is your President Elect.

this reminds me of the conversation I had with my ma many, many years ago

my family is catholic (pretty common in s. louisiana)...I was not...my ma was disappointed in me bein' agnostic...she made it clear: you were baptized, you're catholic, and you always will be!

there was some off & on back & forth on the subject over the years before she understood that I was not, in fact, a catholic, that, to me, jesus was moral character in a semi-historical collection, that the pope, to me, was just a guy wearin' a funny hat

not bein' invested in my well-bein' as she was, I trust you'll understand far more quickly that smokin' joe & cum-ala are, to me, nuthin' but folks wearin' funny hats

12/16/2020 6:08 pm  #62

If one is born catholic and no longer participated in any religion, then is he still a catholic?  Just not a practicing one?

Must one become excommunicated to no longer be a Catholic?  Is that same as getting on Nixon's or Trump's enemies list?

12/16/2020 9:24 pm  #63

tw wrote:

If one is born catholic and no longer participated in any religion, then is he still a catholic?  Just not a practicing one?

Must one become excommunicated to no longer be a Catholic?  Is that same as getting on Nixon's or Trump's enemies list?

as I understand it: a lapsed catholic (anyone baptized who does not practice the religion, whether that lapse be a simple drifting way from the church or a formal declaration of rejection of catholicism) is considered, by the church, to be still be catholic

the church, like the state, believes it alone decides status

12/17/2020 6:53 am  #64

As an Escaped Catholic, I see your point.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

Board footera