cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/27/2020 11:18 pm  #1

Offensive Material

In gathering material for my daily dose I visit a site every Thursday for cartoons. In this last Thursdays offerings I picked out these five that I thought might be sexist and offensive to some people but I don't know for sure.

So edumacate me which and why.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/27/2020 11:30 pm  #2

Re: Offensive Material

Luckily for us there's no mystery about what people might find offensive, because we have instant electronic communication, and people will absolutely tell you how they feel about something.  The only thing that's required of us as a listener, and it's a passive thing that costs you nothing, is that when you hear how somebody feels you just believe them. They say that's how they feel so that's how they feel. Simple. Like, SO simple that I honestly cannot comprehend why people can't grasp that. Unless you're a proud and unrepentant misanthrope, I would think you would WANT to respect how the people around you feel. Right? So when we receive this deluge of social information from the internet, we can say 1) I don't believe them, I think they're lying, or 2) I believe them but I just don't care, I hate people and don't care about them, or 3) I believe them, I recognize this is important to people and it costs me nothing to respect it. It costs NOTHING to respect what people say is important to them. WHY is there so much resistance to this thing that I thought everybody learned in kindergarten?

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

11/27/2020 11:56 pm  #3

Because I hear so much whining about being offended about everything, it gets to the point you can't not just joke about anything, but can't even talk about anything without offending someone. So instead of telling them to fuck off or grow a pair, I'm asking why.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/28/2020 8:55 am  #4

a proud and unrepentant misanthrope

yes?

Board footera