cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/01/2020 1:12 am  #1

Word Search Puzzles I threw together...

Feel free to print/share/whatever.

I made a seasonal one today, maybe I'll do one every day until the 24th, like an advent calendar. 

....but probably I won't 

Anyway, enjoy if you like this sort of thing....

usually I use word lists with lots of long words and very few under 5 letters, so this is quite a departure for me, but they say a change is as good as a rest....

Last edited by monster (12/13/2020 1:22 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/01/2020 11:32 am  #2

Re: Word Search Puzzles I threw together...

I found:

pingy
murdivi
eggnillac

None of which are words, but all of which should be.

12/01/2020 12:09 pm  #3

All of them, especially the second one, sound like made up pharmaceutical trademarks.

12/01/2020 1:33 pm  #4

apparently dirt rape is on there too

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/01/2020 1:35 pm  #5

I usually chuck in a few dodgy words as fillers for the hell of it, but tried to avoid it here in case people wanted too use it in family or classroom settings

12/01/2020 6:02 pm  #6

Nice!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/01/2020 9:35 pm  #7

Last edited by monster (12/13/2020 1:23 pm)

12/03/2020 10:06 pm  #8

Last edited by monster (12/13/2020 1:24 pm)

12/05/2020 1:00 am  #9

Last edited by monster (12/13/2020 1:25 pm)

12/08/2020 7:40 pm  #10

Last edited by monster (12/13/2020 1:22 pm)

12/13/2020 1:00 pm  #11

Is your hosting company punishing you for hotlinking, or is boardhost doing something goofy?  Or maybe Firefox.  I am seeing images of massive URLs.

12/13/2020 1:19 pm  #12

oh thanks, ugh I will re-do.  They of course look fine to me

12/13/2020 1:26 pm  #13

that better?  I was having trouble with the click-on-the-monkey option before, so tried to circumvent.  I guess it only worked briefly 

12/14/2020 1:55 pm  #14

monster wrote:

Feel free to whatever.

Oh I shall. I shall. With SMEVGNICNADDITY

Word search - use them in a sentence:
VODSREP, noun, “it was with solemn vodsrep that junior filled the wassail cups.”

REMMUR, int. verb, “The remmur of the eggnog was Vanessa’s responsibility to adjudicate.”

ELNSEED, adj., “Harry thought his elnseed tweed jacket looked fetching but his family mocked him mercilessly for it throughout Christmas dinner.”

AATUMP, noun, “There was an unexpected demand for attump this Christmas and so most homes had to do without.” -NY Times headline

GNIPIPOL, noun, “‘No matter how many times I’ve tried it, gnipipol is not something I think I will ever get used to.’ Said the old widow Finster.”

SAGNIM, verb, “‘If you are going to sagnim, then put your heart into it or don’t do it at all.’ The teacher scolded.”

Hey! That's me up there!

12/14/2020 2:38 pm  #15

Looks good now.

12/14/2020 4:48 pm  #16

thanks for letting me know   Seems like I need to spank er click the monkey more

12/15/2020 7:30 am  #17

footfootfoot wrote:

monster wrote:

Feel free to whatever.

Oh I shall. I shall. With SMEVGNICNADDITY

Word search - use them in a sentence:
VODSREP, noun, “it was with solemn vodsrep that junior filled the wassail cups.”

REMMUR, int. verb, “The remmur of the eggnog was Vanessa’s responsibility to adjudicate.”

ELNSEED, adj., “Harry thought his elnseed tweed jacket looked fetching but his family mocked him mercilessly for it throughout Christmas dinner.”

AATUMP, noun, “There was an unexpected demand for attump this Christmas and so most homes had to do without.” -NY Times headline

GNIPIPOL, noun, “‘No matter how many times I’ve tried it, gnipipol is not something I think I will ever get used to.’ Said the old widow Finster.”

SAGNIM, verb, “‘If you are going to sagnim, then put your heart into it or don’t do it at all.’ The teacher scolded.”

Your work on our behalf is noted.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/06/2021 6:24 pm  #18

2/07/2021 11:45 am  #19

that was fun! 

Thank you!

Be Just And Fear Not

Board footera