cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/10/2022 7:04 am  #51

Re: Boats

You mean NCIS?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

2/10/2022 7:18 am  #52

Putin's entry is exiting Germany... for some reason

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/10/2022 11:41 am  #53

Yeah, my understanding is that the bridge is taken apart and put back all the time. People just latched onto the story this time because they hate Bezos--not entirely without cause, mind you, but this isn't the thing to get mad about.

2/11/2022 10:23 am  #54

griff wrote:

Putin's entry is exiting Germany... for some reason

Exiting or exciting? I confused.

Hey! That's me up there!

2/11/2022 10:28 am  #55

BigV wrote:

fargon, is this you?!

Daaaaaayum.

http://www.youtube.com/shorts/5HjRE9PEQck

More nautical language abuse. MPH instead of Knots...

Hey! That's me up there!

2/11/2022 11:58 am  #56

Clodfobble wrote:

Yeah, my understanding is that the bridge is taken apart and put back all the time. People just latched onto the story this time because they hate Bezos--not entirely without cause, mind you, but this isn't the thing to get mad about.

As I understand it, it was done once before, with the promise that it wouldn't be done again.  But it still is a bit fuzzy, because apparently the politicians wanted to do it, to essentially charge Bezos a toll, ant it's the populace that is mad.

5/31/2022 8:20 pm  #57

Something about boats make intelligent successful business men, captains of industry, go nuts, spending too much money, taking big risks with life and limb.
Dodge has at least three boats with this motor...

Henry J Kaiser going crazy...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/01/2022 12:05 pm  #58

When I first went to the drags, Allisons were THE engines.
They sounded like WWII movies.

6/01/2022 2:03 pm  #59

B.O.A.T

Bust Out Another Thousand

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

6/02/2022 6:56 am  #60

TheNeverWas wrote:

B.O.A.T

Bust Out Another Thousand

No Shit.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

6/02/2022 7:38 pm  #61

I have a feeling that Cadillac means the same thing.

6/03/2022 3:32 pm  #62

TheNeverWas wrote:

I have a feeling that Cadillac means the same thing.

Yup.

6/09/2022 12:01 pm  #63

Diaphone Jim wrote:

When I first went to the drags, Allisons were THE engines.
They sounded like WWII movies.

Arfons Brothers.

6/10/2022 9:33 pm  #64

I can remember reading in the old car mags about Art Arfons...

6/12/2022 4:08 am  #65

For the unwashed, here is The Green Mamba, proof that the Arfons Bros, Walt and Art, did NOT fuck around when they built a project:

The driver of the Green Mamba, Doug Rose, was no wimpy wus, either.    He lost both legs when he crashed the Green Mamba's predecessor, The Green Monster, in 1966.  He was back in the saddle in less than three months.  He died, in 2018, in The Green Mamba...

7/02/2022 9:43 pm  #66

When you need a bigger boat....

We passed this epic structure, CVN 68, USS Nimitz, on a ride home from Seattle recently.  I'm pretty sure she let us win.  

Be Just And Fear Not

7/03/2022 12:40 am  #67

TheNeverWas wrote:

I can remember reading in the old car mags about Art Arfons...

I saw them run the Green Monster, well one of the Green Monsters, and Cyclops at CT Dragway.

7/07/2022 1:54 pm  #68

The Low n Slow is back in the water
I went thru all of the rigamarol and the fucking picture still wont show up. FUCKING COMPUTERS SUCK.

Last edited by fargon (7/07/2022 1:57 pm)

7/07/2022 1:59 pm  #69

https://postimg.cc/wtVPbgv8
I still don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I thought a pixelbook was a good computer.

Last edited by fargon (7/07/2022 2:01 pm)

7/07/2022 5:19 pm  #70

7/07/2022 5:22 pm  #71

I FUCKING give up this POS will not post a picture no matter what I do no more google computers.
It has worked before why wont it work now?

Last edited by fargon (7/07/2022 5:23 pm)

7/08/2022 5:52 am  #72

No idea. Enjoy the boat though.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/08/2022 3:17 pm  #73

Looks like Keryx is de Captain, now.[/paraphrasing]

7/09/2022 2:38 am  #74

I get to leave my boat on the dock for another couple of days, then it comes out of the water gets shrink wrapped and put away untill next spring. I was informed this afternoon that the lady that sunk her boat at the dock is getting a new boat and I'm going to have to put my boat somewhere else. Since there are no available slips anywhere in the area so I have to put my boat in storage. I hope her new boat sinks at the dock also.
$800.00 for summer and winter storage.
After 15 years renting from my landlord always on time with the rent and never short, to be treated like a second cl,ass citizen just pisses me off.

7/09/2022 11:29 am  #75

Sorry about the pics. but I'm not sure they would help me understand the situation.
Boat in the water on 7/7, out of the water and shrunk-wrapped for about the next year on 7/10.
Is there some kind of super local fish with a short season?
Refer me to earlier discussions if I missed them.

Board footera