cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/09/2022 11:44 am  #76

Re: Boats

The woman that sunk her boat at the dock, is getting a new boat, and I have to move my boat to accommodate her stupid ass. Even though I have been paying rent to my landlord for 16 years always on time, and never short. I guess loyalty means nothing.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

7/10/2022 11:40 am  #77

Do boat docks have landlords? 

7/10/2022 8:33 pm  #78

Diaphone Jim wrote:

Do boat docks have landlords? 

Yes they do, in this case both my apartment and boat dock have the same landlord.

7/15/2022 11:03 am  #79

fargon wrote:

Let's try this again.
https://postimg.cc/nsrq99zP
https://postimg.cc/cvXQJBs3

I can see the pictures if I click on them.

OK, I click the monkey.
Drag the picture to the postimages site.
It gives me 9 choices of actions.
Click the flag to the right of the 7th down, 3rd one up from the bottom, "hotlink for forums"
come back and "paste" ( sometimes I have to right click a couple times to see the paste option)

badda bing, badda boom

Got to build your own dock.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/16/2022 12:25 pm  #80

That may be the dumbest boat I've ever seen (sorry if yours is similar).
A floating front room, three couches, no protection form anything from sun to wind to voyeurs.
I'd guess it is self-sinking too, so you should get your spot back soon.

7/16/2022 1:30 pm  #81

It's probably a pontoon boat, so if it's designed correctly with multiple sealed pontoon sections, or closed-cell foam in the pontoons, it ought to be pretty safe from fully sinking.  More of a mobile raft than a boat, really.

Though I agree an awning might be nice, the same could be said of most small lake boats.

Last edited by Happy Monkey (7/16/2022 1:30 pm)

7/18/2022 1:06 pm  #82

It's the ultimate pleasure boat.  Awnings can easily be attached, and on a nice day, you don't want one.  It's like a convertible.  They go fast enough and are perfectly well suited for an inland body of water like this one.  The perfect boat for cruising.

7/18/2022 1:47 pm  #83

the Bimini top is going ou this weekend. Pontoons are the best boat for around here.

7/18/2022 5:55 pm  #84

Fargon, you da man!

This has been a Public Service Announcement. brought to you by Mr. S.E. Xobon.

7/26/2022 8:18 pm  #85

Here is our Pontoon, the mural progresses.
books of war lyrics

7/26/2022 8:20 pm  #86

I don't know what the books of war lyrics is, it just showed up.

7/27/2022 4:37 pm  #87

I like the personalization.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/29/2022 6:44 pm  #88

When there's no surf the party barge is the ultimate craft. Perfect platform for swimming, fishing, sunbathing with little or less clothing, BBQing, and sex.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (7/29/2022 6:44 pm)

7/29/2022 8:37 pm  #89

I've seen ppl skiing behind pontoons.  Not a rare sight...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/30/2022 5:35 am  #90

Yep. They make really good ski boats.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/30/2022 11:53 am  #91

It looks like I hit a sore spot with my criticism of that boat.
I helped build a pontoon/party boat for a church group 60 years ago.  It served hundreds of folks for 40 or more years, so I am not against the category.
I am curious what kind of motive system and safety regime it takes to make Fargon's boat suitable for skiing. 

7/30/2022 12:01 pm  #92

It would take more than the 50 hp that I have and a firmly attached tow bar.

7/30/2022 5:28 pm  #93

I've seen water-skiers behind a pontoon one time.  It surprised me. the boat had no trouble.

7/31/2022 5:08 pm  #94

Skiing? We're not skiing, we don't want no stinking skiing.
Whenever I'm around a body of water where boats are gathered, 90% of them look like they've enough power to pull the whole Cypress Gardens ski show.

But I rarely see anyone actually skiing, and the ones who are look like guests of the boat owner who become the days entertainment because they never tried to ski before. When they get tired and sore then back to sunbathing and dri... uh, hydration, party on.

7/31/2022 6:11 pm  #95

I bet ya could ski behind Fargon's pontoon with a 40 horse outboard.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/31/2022 6:51 pm  #96

I tow a tube a lot.

8/27/2022 10:21 pm  #97

Now this boat isn't very far from glatt and even comes with a skeleton crew...

It started as a houseboat that was dressed up so basically sound under the costume.

9/18/2022 1:06 am  #98

Sailboat, big sailboat, biggest sailboat...

9/18/2022 4:59 pm  #99

30 visible sails.  And every one of them has a different name.

Sails - Just say no.

9/23/2022 8:38 pm  #100

36 sails

Last edited by TheNeverWas (9/23/2022 8:40 pm)

Board footera