cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/17/2020 11:23 pm  #26

Re: I am glum.

Awesome job!

4/18/2021 12:13 am  #27

oh FFS..... I needed a thread to share my misery .....and I was baking a fucking birthday cake then too......

Bajaboi turned 22 on Tues.  I asked him if he wanted a cake a couple weeks ago
he said oooh yes please, coffee-flavored, please

Then he said he couldn't make it on Tues, would the weekend be ok?  I said "sure, whenever, name your time, we don't even need to do it if you don't want/it doesn't work for you, but lmk before I bake which will be today or tomorrow.  He said Sunday would be awesome.  Then I saw ground beef was on sale.  (I was in the store at the time)  He likes to make burgers and he likes to use the ridiculous grill his dad bought.  So I said "hey, do you want to do food as well, if so, you want nice steaks or burgers or something else?"  He said "I'll make burgers, that would be good"  so I bought the beef.  Realized i didn't have buns so went to another store and got those....

I left it to the absolute last minute and baked the cake a couple hours ago.  It might be cool enough by now for the buttercream i also made.

He just messaged that it wasn't really going to work.. so I said, ok, cake will be good for a day or two wanna pick a different time?................... he's basically totally forgotten I'm going out of town for weeks on Wednesday, that he agreed to be responsible for Thunderboi not burning the house down ...and getting them both to their 2nd covid shots in a few weeks if I'm not back in time.... and then I said (not bitterly) well why don't you just swing by and grab the cake and you and your gf can enjoy as and when..... because I'm the only other one who eats coffee flavored here and I'll be gone"  And he said "Oh yeah, I'd forgotten it was coffee".

I know he's only 22 and a seniori-sh in college and his life is stressful right now.  i do.  I really do but....

.....   we don't have a crying smiley anf I can't be arseed to find the old one

Oh and -despite this not being my first rodeo (unlike so many recent home maintenance jobs), and getting good quality stain and prepping the deck properly and adhering to the application instructions religiously.... the "stain" I was applying in the OP is peeling off the fucking deck, which has never happened before, even when I may have been a bit iffy with the application guidelines.  It was  a harsh snowy winter, but still..... Allegedly the stain is warrantied, but I 'm not sure I have the strength or willing.......

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/18/2021 11:32 am  #28

Sorry, monster.

4/18/2021 11:36 am  #29

Text or email the above to Bajaboi.
22?

4/18/2021 11:53 am  #30

well we agreed on 12 today and it's 12:55 and he still isn't here and his brother is now late for work and had to leave I'm so worried about him

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/19/2021 8:05 am  #31

Crying emoji can be found here, courtesy of Undertoad.
That all sux, Monster.

Living life on the edge.

4/19/2021 9:21 am  #32

thanks, I do have them bookmarked, I just couldn't be arsed to find that.

He came, we had cake and a bit of a chat. He's going to come and do burgers Tuesday night, hopefully I'll be done packing... prob too cold to be outside, but nothing like a chilly evening the night before you drive south

7/14/2021 9:05 am  #33

Can I hijack your thread?
Mr Limey and I are glum.
We have decided not to go to Band Camp this year, though we got places and were SO looking forward to it.
Because there is a chance that Covid will come to Band Camp and we can't see how we can obey the relevant laws/guidance/protocols on self-isolation/going home when we live so far from Band Camp we think it's best not to go.
We have both cried and will continue to do so.
I'd like to take this opportunity to say Fuck the UK government and their inability to run a bath, let alone a proper healthcare policy in a pandemic.

Living life on the edge.

7/14/2021 10:50 am  #34

Did they make the vaccine available for you guys yet?  I feel a little guilty that we got it already here.

7/14/2021 3:02 pm  #35

Yeah. We’ve both been double vaccinated. But Band Camp is not a place where social distancing measures are really possible. The premises are well ventilated but there is a risk that infection will arrive and run through the camp like wildfire. But also the legislation around self isolating if in contact with an infected person will be impossible for us (Mr Limey and I) due to the distance from home and travel required to get home.

Living life on the edge.

7/14/2021 5:26 pm  #36

I'm sorry you are glum Limey :/  But I like that phrase.... couldn't run a bath

7/14/2021 7:36 pm  #37

So sorry Limey, this is a drag.

Glatt: Here I am hoping for a booster while great swaths of the planet are struggling...

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/14/2021 10:03 pm  #38

Don't you still have the trailer, or did you get rid of that?

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/15/2021 4:27 am  #39

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Don't you still have the trailer, or did you get rid of that?

Yes we still have Fanny the 'van, but she is not sufficiently well-equipped for us to get home completely independently while isolating. Also a number of our politicians have blatantly broken the rules about self-isolating after contact with COVID and I do not wish to follow their example. It really is simplest, but miserable, to just not go.

Living life on the edge.

Board footera