cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2022 8:11 pm  #76

Re: Charts, Graphs, & data piles.

Happy Monkey wrote:

San Juan is US.

Helluva drive, though.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/10/2022 6:24 am  #77

I drove passed the Sunoco station where I usually get gas and noticed the big sign had the price of diesel and high test 93 octane. I don't think I've ever seen that. Some stations will post higher octane gas but always in addition to regular.. Then sitting at the light I noticed the BP station across the intersection from the Sunoco had the same two things posted, diesel and high test.
I wonder what the reason is? Playing some physiological game? Since the price increases of petroleum products ia all over the news are they posting their highest to condition people to sticker shock. Or maybe since most people use regular they see the high test price then get to the pump and find out it's a little less than they thought it would be so they're relieved.
Something's going on for them to make these changes.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/10/2022 9:20 am  #78

I think you nailed it.  "I may be paying a lot for gas, but at least it's not as much as those suckers"

3/10/2022 11:57 am  #79

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Something's going on for them to make these changes.

Were those prices lower that diesel and high test in other stations?

It could be a price war to corral customers of those two grades.  Since those are the people who continue to spend or who spend for even more when gas prices go up.  After all, sales of the biggest gas guzzlers INCREASE when gas prices shoot up.  Those will be the higher profit customers.

3/11/2022 10:50 pm  #80

Not sure about the diesel but the 93 was higher, a lot higher than a few days earlier.

3/12/2022 11:00 am  #81

Yesterday I saw a photo of a low fuel light on someone's dash.

They had added the caption, "this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine".

Larfed, I did.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/12/2022 7:40 pm  #82

I have a '94 Ranger.  It drank $74.50 in the cheapest unleaded I could find today.  I spilled none of it.  As a dedicated bicycle commuter... it was a bit of a shock.  And I didn't even have a little lite of mine to shine.  I'm gonna remember that when I feel tempted to feel tired at the end of my workday.  Saddle up  and shut up.  Enjoy your monies.

Be Just And Fear Not

3/13/2022 11:44 am  #83

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Not sure about the diesel but the 93 was higher, a lot higher than a few days earlier.

Energy is going back to normal prices.

Last year, gasoline was significantly cheaper than it was in 1970s.  For those in denial, numbers must take into account inflation.  A luxury car and one year of college tuition, back then, was about $4000.

3/13/2022 8:22 pm  #84

3/14/2022 12:53 am  #85

An animated GIF of temperature increase since 1880...
https://twitter.com/i/status/1502300238119424005

3/15/2022 6:35 am  #86

Proof you're a loser... all these folks have a house worth more than a million dollars,

And used car prices are up 41.2% from a year ago.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (3/15/2022 6:39 am)

3/15/2022 10:30 am  #87

unless you are selling and moving someplace cheaper, all that means is more property tax.

3/15/2022 3:42 pm  #88

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

An animated GIF of temperature increase since 1880...

How curious.  All that global warming created by volcanoes only happened in the past few decades.

3/20/2022 10:44 am  #89

Here are some pretty charts. Talking about friends so it must be about that old TV show. But might be maritime stuff with friendships, I don't know.

3/29/2022 10:42 am  #90

The danger of fashion...

4/03/2022 4:23 pm  #91

What you have to make to buy a house by state. It's actually bullshit because they are making a lot of assumptions and applying a lot of restrictions. Averages can be misleading but since it was applied across the board I guess it's a valid comparison if you don't think of the numbers as gospel.

4/05/2022 7:21 am  #92

By county would be even more accurate, but then you couldn't read it.

4/05/2022 4:09 pm  #93

glatt wrote:

Covid reports were by county.  And were easily read.  But those were dynamic (not static) graphics.

4/10/2022 5:53 pm  #94

glatt wrote:

So would by city/town but huge. It's a gross generalization, and doesn't factor your habits.
It's averages that will clue us to what's possible and judge whether we should even bother.

Here's a peek at who's winning...

Eat the rich.

4/10/2022 6:03 pm  #95

This might have been an interesting state...

4/12/2022 4:42 pm  #96

Keeping an eye on those 25 to 34 year olds, the younger ones just make noise, but by that age they have the money and pent up resentment that life sucks to cause trouble for the status quo.
Gotta be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

4/16/2022 10:53 pm  #97

Who do you trust?

4/17/2022 7:17 pm  #98

The past couple years have turned the world upside down, airports being no exception.
Looking at plane movements remember all the stories about empty flights because of contractual obligations with airports.
The top US ten were...

Top ten in passengers...

Top ten moving cargo...

4/17/2022 7:31 pm  #99

We need more empty planes scheduled, so they can take up the slack when the others are grounded.

4/17/2022 7:49 pm  #100

The way I understand it the contracts are written such that airlines guarantee so many landings and take offs a day in order to retain their use of the gates.

Board footera