cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2022 11:05 am  #76

Re: What are you streaming?

Advertisers should be the ones annoyed by ads after the video; they only play for people who aren't paying attention.

3/18/2022 11:08 am  #77

I guess I should mention I'm talking about the TV app mostly.

Through the Roku thingy.

I don't watch on the 'puter much.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/18/2022 11:12 am  #78

You should be able to hit "back" on the remote.  For ads before or during the video, that will cancel the playback, but for ads at the end, it will just skip the ad.

3/19/2022 3:46 am  #79

Most of the time with ads running before and during the vid, the back button only gets me a different pair of ads.

Sometimes it does work like you say, though.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

4/07/2022 2:18 pm  #80

Russian Doll on Netflix- it's very good!

Also on Netflix - Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story

4/09/2022 11:27 am  #81

OMG.

Severance (on Apple TV Plus) is fucking incredible. Season 1 finale just dropped last night. Absolutely 100% recommend to everyone, everywhere, forever.

4/10/2022 1:34 pm  #82

Severance is really good.  We're limiting ourselves to one episode a night.  So far I've called 2 surprise revelations, just from the camera work making it obvious.  (Not meant as a criticism.  It really is good,)

Last edited by glatt (4/10/2022 1:35 pm)

4/10/2022 1:53 pm  #83

Clodfobble wrote:

OMG.

Severance (on Apple TV Plus) is fucking incredible. Season 1 finale just dropped last night. Absolutely 100% recommend to everyone, everywhere, forever.

Noted. We watched CODA (recommended) last night so have a current A+

Last edited by griff (4/10/2022 1:54 pm)

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/12/2022 8:55 am  #84

We are currently about halfway through the season in Severance.  And a thought occurred to me after watching the last episode.

I remember how I loved Lost when it came out, but after a while, it became apparent that the writers didn't have a plan for the story arc, and the ending was underwhelming.  In fact, the later seasons were underwhelming. I'm still a little hurt by that disappointment in Lost, and afraid that Severance is going to take me there as well.  I hope they have a plan.

4/12/2022 10:16 am  #85

Finished season one of Picard.  Overall, pretty good.  Not sure I buy the resolution of the big showdown, but it was very Trek-ish, at least.

Last edited by Happy Monkey (4/12/2022 10:16 am)

4/12/2022 11:45 am  #86

Season 5 of Better Call Saul.

!!!

4/18/2022 6:55 am  #87

Finished Severance season one last night.  "Fucking incredible" is right.  Wow.

4/18/2022 10:00 am  #88

Picking up Star Trek Discovery at the point CBS ended up on (they showed the first half season when Covid disrupted their schedule).

Watching Halo and season 2 of Picard as they release.  I played the first Halo years ago, and don't remember anything, so I have no preconceptions.  It is pretty good so far.

4/18/2022 9:06 pm  #89

Criminal Minds.  That is all.  I should have left a trail of breadcrumbs......

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/19/2022 1:29 pm  #90

I've been rationing Criminal Minds.

I'm on the last season,

Finished S5 of Better Call Saul.  Didn't end particularly well.

YMMV.

4/22/2022 3:45 am  #91

On the bright side, new season of Queen of the South!

4/22/2022 11:45 am  #92

Starting season 2 of Russian Doll.

4/22/2022 3:45 pm  #93

superhero // comics type stuff--

The Boys - absolute banger 10/10

Watchmen (TV series) - profoundly deep and insightful, an absolute MUST WATCH

Invincible - layers within layers of social commentary, meanwhile fun and entertaining. very, VERY graphic and violent, but basically perfect, impeccable animation

Doom Patrol - if you liked Firefly and were sad when Wash (Alan Tudyk) died, you should watch this series. I can't overstate how deeply integral his character is to the show, you just have to see it. also, fan sweetheart Brendan Fraser

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (animated film) - very capable adaptation of the classic Frank Miller 4-issue miniseries that put Batman back on the map, 1986 (before all the movies) as a DARK, battle-hardened, gray-haired absolute unit of a regret-filled old man. your subwoofer will get a workout. Batman's voice is not the gravelly modern style. I was flabbergasted when I figured out who it was

Last edited by Flint (4/22/2022 3:47 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

4/23/2022 8:03 pm  #94

one more superhero series--
Ultraforce, based on the 90s Malibu comics title

Quite possibly the worst show I have ever seen, here's an example of dialogue--

(teammate has just died in a fight, dude takes dead guy's mask off) "He's just a kid! What a waste. I hate losing friends, this STINKS"

Do you know what Ultraforce's catchphrase is, when they go into battle? "Let's FORCE it!" I swear to God that has to be a joke one of the writers snuck in

Last edited by Flint (4/23/2022 8:04 pm)

4/23/2022 8:06 pm  #95

also I just realized I could binge watch Game of Thrones since I never watched any of that series ever

eta: $25 for 1 season on Amazon Prime, or all of it for adding HBO Max to my Hulu. They really know how to squeeze you, I feel like I have cable again

Last edited by Flint (4/23/2022 9:31 pm)

7/03/2022 2:12 pm  #96

Watched the season finale of Stranger Things during a thunder storm, and it was almost as if the eldritch storms in the upside-down were synced to my condo's windows.

8/16/2022 3:01 pm  #97

Sandman was amazing.  I wish it wasn't released in the Netflix "all at once" format, because I couldn't wait, and now it's over for who knows how long...  I may actually watch it again, which I almost never do.

8/16/2022 3:32 pm  #98

Season Three of The Boys -- so intense I had to take breaks from watching it; specifically events which have dramatic impacts on character development.

I said, many times, "Oh, sh*t!" in surprise, or "Oh, f***ck" in epiphany-level surprise

Last edited by Flint (8/16/2022 3:33 pm)

8/16/2022 3:57 pm  #99

We just started Sandman looks good. Also watching The Boys, Peacemaker, Stranger Things, and 1887... good lord that's a lot of tv

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

8/17/2022 7:08 am  #100

We just suspended our Disney+ streaming and started HBO Max for the first time.

We binged Mare of Easttown.  I enjoyed it.muchly.  A lot like Broadchurch

Board footera