cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2021 7:54 am  #1

The Corvid

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crow#/media/File:Corvus_corone_-near_Canford_Cliffs,_Poole,_England-8.jpg]Too soon?[/url]

Last edited by Limey (1/10/2021 7:57 am)

Living life on the edge.

1/10/2021 8:16 am  #2

Re: The Corvid

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/10/2021 9:35 am  #3

Limey wrote:

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crow#/media/File:Corvus_corone_-near_Canford_Cliffs,_Poole,_England-8.jpg]Too soon?[/url]

well, initially I thought it was nothing to crow about, but it could have wings.  I definitely don't think you beaked too soon...

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/11/2021 1:43 am  #4

If you want to be recognized get the outfit, get the look...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/11/2021 6:56 am  #5

Pick up an ACME Do it Yourself Dumbass Tattoo Kit as well?

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/11/2021 8:40 am  #6

Don't forget the federal handcuff accessories.

1/11/2021 8:06 pm  #7

Limey wrote:

Clearly the most popular costume for next Halloween:

Last edited by tw (1/11/2021 8:06 pm)

1/11/2021 9:38 pm  #8

Fun update on that guy in particular: his mother (whom he lives with, when he isn't living in jail) says he hasn't eaten since Friday, because his jailers won't give him organic food.

1/11/2021 11:04 pm  #9

When I get arrested, I'm going to insist I only eat gold plated food.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/12/2021 12:53 am  #10

Clodfobble wrote:

Fun update on that guy in particular: his mother (whom he lives with, when he isn't living in jail) says he hasn't eaten since Friday, because his jailers won't give him organic food.

I think he should hold out on principle, don't eat, don't drink, and when he dies that'll show 'em, by golly.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/12/2021 7:09 am  #11

Clodfobble wrote:

Paleo-Conservative?

1/12/2021 9:19 am  #12

griff wrote:

Clodfobble wrote:

Paleo-Conservative?

You are a funny fucker.

@limey: It's never too soon for Crows! They want to be our bird!

Hey! That's me up there!

1/12/2021 4:36 pm  #13

footfootfoot wrote:

griff wrote:

Clodfobble wrote:

Paleo-Conservative?

You are a funny fucker.

@limey: It's never too soon for Crows! They want to be our bird!

You’re a pretty funny fucker yourself, feetz!

Living life on the edge.

1/13/2021 7:14 am  #14

One of Lil'G's school mates was doing crow research. Eventually you could tell where she was on campus by her complement. Those boys politic hard for it if you give them half a chance. 

1/13/2021 10:39 am  #15

During my walks in the pandemic, I've been trying to decide if crows are asshole or are magnificent.  The way they harass hawks just looking for something to eat, or circle foxes cawing out a warning to any little creatures in the vicinity is very altruistic if you are a mouse.  But a real dick move if you are a fox or hawk.

I'm leaning heavily toward them being magnificent.

1/13/2021 8:53 pm  #16

1/14/2021 1:31 pm  #17

glatt wrote:

During my walks in the pandemic, I've been trying to decide if crows are asshole or are magnificent.  The way they harass hawks just looking for something to eat, or circle foxes cawing out a warning to any little creatures in the vicinity is very altruistic if you are a mouse.  But a real dick move if you are a fox or hawk.

Well, hawks are always trying to eat crow babies, so there's that. I'm not sure about foxes but research has shown that they are real wise-asses and pranksters. David Quammen has a great article about crows, maybe 20 years old and probably there is more research since then.

Last edited by footfootfoot (1/14/2021 1:42 pm)

Hey! That's me up there!

3/14/2021 12:46 pm  #18

glatt wrote:

TL;DR
Magnificent.

Longer, but only barely:
some people don't like'em, and play silly <strike>reindeer</strike> crow games about them.
https://www.deepwatergaming.com/collections/all-games/products/crows-overkill

Be Just And Fear Not

Board footera