cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/03/2020 2:19 pm  #26

Re: Fuck the recaptcha

pretty much every time I post, I have to select buses, cars, crosswalks, fire hydrants, etc.

color me suspicious but I didn't have to jump through the hoop every damn time 'till I called harris a whore (which she is)

12/03/2020 2:26 pm  #27

I got hit by it for a while, I thought maybe because I used Smilies, or posted too often? Who knows, it happened for a few days and then stopped, since then a couple of random times. There's no discernible pattern or conspiracy that can't be cured by sticking your head in a bucket of ice water.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

12/03/2020 5:49 pm  #28

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/03/2020 6:19 pm  #29

haggis

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

12/03/2020 8:35 pm  #30

What Flint said.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

12/03/2020 10:11 pm  #31

That is fucking priceless.

Be Just And Fear Not

12/04/2020 12:25 pm  #32

I found it appropriate. I don't know how to share that video more cleanly.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/04/2020 3:00 pm  #33

Clodfobble wrote:

I haven't had to do a single recaptcha yet. If that's because I'm the admin, then it indicates that it is checking cookies for ID, and seeing who has posted here before, etc--meaning it should hopefully stop. It could also be a setting in your personal cookies, like if you're always set to incognito browsing, etc.

ok so wait, recaptcha is all the jumping through hoops thing?  People are having to do that to post here?  I only ever had to check a box to say I'm not a robot and that stopped after 100 posts.  

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/04/2020 3:24 pm  #34

It stopped popping up for me.

12/04/2020 8:46 pm  #35

monster wrote:

Clodfobble wrote:

I haven't had to do a single recaptcha yet. If that's because I'm the admin, then it indicates that it is checking cookies for ID, and seeing who has posted here before, etc--meaning it should hopefully stop. It could also be a setting in your personal cookies, like if you're always set to incognito browsing, etc.

ok so wait, recaptcha is all the jumping through hoops thing?  People are having to do that to post here?  I only ever had to check a box to say I'm not a robot and that stopped after 100 posts.  

mebbe that's my problem: I haven't broken 100 posts yet

12/04/2020 9:45 pm  #36

henry_quirk wrote:

but even before then, I never saw anything other than "check the box to say you aren't a robot"

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/05/2020 9:22 am  #37

monster wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

but even before then, I never saw anything other than "check the box to say you aren't a robot"

when I first started usin' the henry_quirk account, I had to jump through hoops haphazardly...some postings went through without the test, others not so much

after a while, the tests stopped...I could post easy-peasy

now, every time I post, no matter what I post, I have to prove I'm no robot multiple times

cars, buses, crosswalks, fire hydrants, signal lights

why not tits & snatch? the tests would at least be interestin'

Board footera