cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/30/2022 10:22 pm  #226

Re: RIP, Famous person

fargon wrote:

Howard Hesseman.

Never saw him in all those TV shows he appeared on.  Maybe because he was not acting the wacky character that made him famous.

1/31/2022 7:19 am  #227

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/31/2022 11:53 am  #228

WKRP was one of maybe three or four sit-coms I ever watched regularly and may have been the last.
Very funny, but often serious.
The original Police Academy was extremely funny, but he was in # 2 which was not.
RIP

1/31/2022 1:27 pm  #229

WKRP episodes don't have the original music in them anymore, so unless you've got a set of old VHS tapes or something, the show is just a memory now

eta: I stand corrected, apparently you can get a DVD set with "over 90%" of the original music

Last edited by Flint (1/31/2022 1:28 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

2/01/2022 7:26 am  #230

Flint wrote:

WKRP episodes don't have the original music in them anymore, so unless you've got a set of old VHS tapes or something, the show is just a memory now

eta: I stand corrected, apparently you can get a DVD set with "over 90%" of the original music

WTF?

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/01/2022 4:15 pm  #231

yeah, classic boomer rock became a hot commodity

2/15/2022 8:37 pm  #232

P.J. O'Rourke

Damn.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

2/16/2022 7:17 am  #233

! Cancer

2/16/2022 9:41 am  #234

He was a funny fucker.

Hey! That's me up there!

2/17/2022 5:14 am  #235

I found him through Car & Driver, and Playboy.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

2/26/2022 8:28 pm  #236

Sally Kellerman, and The Amazing Jonathan.

3/13/2022 8:53 pm  #237

Fuck. William Hurt. I never thought he was a great actor but it still sucks that he died so young.
https://deadline.com/2022/03/william-hurt-dead-oscar-winning-actor-was-71-1234977307/

Hey! That's me up there!

3/23/2022 8:31 pm  #238

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/24/2022 11:29 am  #239

The death of 500,000 dead Iraqi children was "a very hard choice, but the price-we think the price is worth it" ~Madeleine Albright.
Like a lot of people, this is the first thing I thought of.

3/24/2022 3:23 pm  #240

At what point do you say, "You know, that's probably too many children."?

Hey! That's me up there!

3/24/2022 7:33 pm  #241

footfootfoot wrote:

Ya mean to have died in a war zone, or, be born?

Either way, one is too many.

3/24/2022 8:18 pm  #242

TheNeverWas wrote:

footfootfoot wrote:

Ya mean to have died in a war zone, or, be born?

Either way, one is too many.

Hey! That's me up there!

3/26/2022 7:51 am  #243

Taylor Hawkins of the FooFighters dead at 50. Damnit.
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/a39544566/taylor-hawkins-death-died/

3/26/2022 10:53 am  #244

3/26/2022 8:32 pm  #245

griff wrote:

Taylor Hawkins of the FooFighters dead at 50. Damnit.
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/a39544566/taylor-hawkins-death-died/

It's taken me a while to be able to come here   I have the sad. 

This is one of my go-tos when I'm struggling:

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/26/2022 10:19 pm  #246

3/27/2022 6:27 am  #247

*eye moisture*
Somebody needs to bubble wrap Dave.
I saw them on the tour when Grohl broke his leg, Taylor was an entertainer.

3/29/2022 10:21 am  #248

My kids and I were talking about untimely deaths of musicians and other celebrities in their 50s and the first thought that crosses your mind when you hear the cause is not released...
Cocaine. Was the unanimous opinion.
Unless the cause was an previously unknown heart condition in which case the cause is probably the aged heart's inability to handle cocaine like it could when it was 20.

Also Columbia.

Hey! That's me up there!

3/29/2022 11:48 am  #249

Elspode (Pat Chambers) 3/26/22
He was famous to the Cellar.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/29/2022 12:36 pm  #250

bro

Board footera