cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/25/2023 8:41 pm  #426

Re: RIP, Famous person

weird take but idk anything about all that.. curious now

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

5/26/2023 6:49 am  #427

https://fortune.com/2023/05/25/tina-turner-switzerland-normal-life-renounced-us-american-citizenship/
Apparently they respected her privacy and she was able to live a quiet life there.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/26/2023 1:02 pm  #428

egads

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

5/26/2023 3:15 pm  #429

I would turn the boathouse into a woodworking shop.  For making boats.  If I were Tina Turner.  I would.

5/26/2023 7:44 pm  #430

TheNeverWas wrote:

monster wrote:

Tina Turner! 83

Good riddance, as far as I'm concerned.

I think I'm right about this; when she moved to Switzerland, she not only left the US, but she denounced her US citizenship.  Granted, I don't know why she did that, but I have no sympathy for people who do that.

Not a popular sentiment, I'm sure, but a sincere one.

When you take citizenship in most countries, you must denounce all other citizenships.  I had to denounce my Britizenship when I became a Merkin.  Fortunately Britain (like most countries) doesn't care so I'm still British. (Japan, for example, does care), which is why many Japanese living here do not become citizens.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/14/2023 9:49 pm  #431

Author Cormac McCarthy

He was 89.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

6/15/2023 5:54 am  #432

The last great Amereican writer. He will be missed.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/15/2023 6:34 pm  #433

Glenda Jackson (no relation to Michael) ((allegedly))  87

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/16/2023 9:26 pm  #434

There is still a bunch of old timers around.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/27/2023 7:43 pm  #435

Actor Julian Sands' (who went missing back in January while hiking in the San Gabriel mtns) body was discovered June 24.

You may remember him from the Warlock movies.

He was 65.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (6/27/2023 7:48 pm)

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

6/27/2023 7:47 pm  #436

Also, actor Frederic Forrest passed on June 23.

I'll always remember him as Blue Duck in the tv mini-series Lonesome Dove, but he was in A LOT of movies/tv.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (6/27/2023 7:48 pm)

6/28/2023 12:41 am  #437

Wait. Carly Simon is on the old musicians list, but James Taylor isn’t?

6/28/2023 3:28 am  #438

who?

6/28/2023 7:55 am  #439

Went missing while hiking.  I wonder what the story is there.  65 y.o. is getting into the early alzheimers symptoms range for many folks, and sense of direction is one of the first things to go.  Makes you wonder.  Those mountains are dry too.

So close to a city though. You would think he could just walk downhill and hit the city streets.

6/28/2023 11:28 am  #440

Heavy snow storms and avalanches when Sands went missing.

6/28/2023 2:15 pm  #441

monster wrote:

who?

Ok, lady, pack yer shit, back to England with ya...

6/28/2023 5:46 pm  #442

Pete Zicato wrote:

Wait. Carly Simon is on the old musicians list, but James Taylor isn’t?

Rock-a=bye sweet baby James.  He never gets old - in lyrics.  Or that thing some call songs.

6/30/2023 5:39 pm  #443

Actor Alan Arkin kicked it.  He was 89, with a history of heart problems.  Wiki says his career spanned eight decades.

7/01/2023 11:04 am  #444

If Weird Al Yankovic checks out early, then I'm going with him.

7/01/2023 11:09 am  #445

Alan Arkin was driven so crazy by his health problems that he wanted to check out.  But that was determined a logical conclusion.  He was still cognizant - not crazy.  So they would not let him go.  Catch 22.

7/01/2023 1:16 pm  #446

tw wrote:

If Weird Al Yankovic checks out early, then I'm going with him.

Toooooootally unrelated:

Finally, a reason to live...

Two, actually.

7/13/2023 9:45 pm  #447

footfootfoot wrote:

Lisa Marie Presley.   Cardiac arrest was her fish whatever that means.
https://apnews.com/article/health-lisa-marie-presley-priscilla-elvis-los-angeles-4cbc26cfe1a7bf0b41f21f0f0f6c677b

or not..... 

7/14/2023 8:20 pm  #448

On Fear Factor, one learns to chew the fish before swallowing.

7/22/2023 9:45 am  #449

Tony Bennett, 96.

Nicely done article on how WWII military service helped make him what he was:

Tony Bennett liberated concentration camp while serving in WWII, described war as 'front-row seat in hell'

7/22/2023 6:29 pm  #450

Man I am surprised mostly because I thought he died like 10 years ago. 

Litteraly on fire 

Board footera