cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/05/2023 7:11 pm  #476

Re: RIP, Famous person

Denny Laine, Sandra Say O'Connor, Henry Kissinger

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

12/10/2023 2:00 am  #477

TheNeverWas wrote:

He was my second fav character on the show.  My fav was the, I think he was the court clerk.

Court clerk was the black dude wasn't it?

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

12/13/2023 11:17 am  #478

We watched "A Christmas Carol" last night. The George C. Scott version, which is my favorite version. It sticks close to the book and cuts very little.

But I started looking up the various actors on imdb while I was watching. I was saddened to see how many of the actors have passed. Which is an emotional blip rather than logical. That version came out in 1984 — almost 40 years ago.

So RIP all those actors who help make my Christmas Christmassy every year.

12/13/2023 11:44 am  #479

Makes me think of A Christmas Story, which came out in 1983 and took place in the early 40's, around 40 year prior.  And it seemed like a completely different era.  And then I realize this movie came out 40 years ago.  I was thinking the 80's were not that long ago, but it really was a different era as well.

12/13/2023 2:34 pm  #480

When I look back on earlier events in my life, "Well that was only... Shit that was decades ago."

12/13/2023 8:53 pm  #481

Andre Braugher was 61.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

12/14/2023 6:58 am  #482

Damn. He's just a kid.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/01/2024 3:23 pm  #483

John Pilger, Australian/English journalist and documentarian. 84.
A bunch more of him would have been a good thing.

1/08/2024 8:25 pm  #484

1/12/2024 4:24 pm  #485

Annie Nightingale

Kinda shocked which is dumb, she was a fair age which I guess I never really thought about.

Truly a female pioneer

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/24/2024 7:29 pm  #486

Melanie was 76.

1/24/2024 7:31 pm  #487

And Charles Osgood, 91.

1/27/2024 11:47 am  #489

I couldn't recognize that word in the citation.
Anon was Sexobon?
IIRC, I was more than incensed at some of the latter's posts. Not so these days.

2/20/2024 1:35 pm  #490

Huh?

2/20/2024 3:44 pm  #491

Ignore it, Jim, I deleted/banned the user after multiple posts of the same YouTube link.

3/12/2024 6:47 pm  #492

3/14/2024 10:36 pm  #493

I thought it was Very Hungry Caterpillar?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/15/2024 8:39 am  #494

You're thinking of Viktor Orban.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/11/2024 11:07 am  #495

RIP OJ

4/11/2024 12:04 pm  #496

if you're gonna die in April, you should shoot for April 1st, like comic book artist/author Ed Piskor

Comic Book Artist Dies By Suicide, Blames Online Bullying in Final Letter

Ed Piskor exhibition postponed over sexual misconduct allegations

I heard about the scandal, and then saw a few posts like "RIP Ed Piskor" and I thought they meant RIP his CAREER --not the whole guy!

Last edited by Flint (4/11/2024 12:05 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

4/17/2024 8:48 pm  #497

At least the real killer is finally not out there any more

Litteraly on fire 

4/18/2024 6:45 am  #498

The real crime was putting the Kardasians in the spot-light.

4/18/2024 8:30 pm  #499

Dickey Betts, of Allman Bros fame, was 80. His fish was The Big C, and COPD.

People down in Georgia come from near and far
To hear Richard Betts pickin' on that red guitar

~Charlie Daniels

4/21/2024 7:18 pm  #500

Journalist/kidnapping victim Terry Anderson was 76.

Board footera