cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/05/2021 7:22 am  #76

Re: RIP, Famous person

IDK about clowns, but Mary Ann Meow.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

1/05/2021 12:16 pm  #77

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

I don't know about you guys, lusting for an 81 year old dead chick? 

C'mon, man. Even 81 year old dead chicks have needs...
:bolt:

Hey! That's me up there!

1/05/2021 1:17 pm  #78

monster wrote:

Barbara Windsor

Carry on..

I just found the post-it reminding me to put her on my 2021 Dead Celeb Bingo

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/17/2021 12:52 pm  #79

1/17/2021 2:01 pm  #80

The Siegfried half of Siegfried and Roy carked it the other day. pancreatic cancer.  Roy gave it up to covid last year

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55630860

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/23/2021 8:56 am  #81

1/23/2021 8:59 am  #82

Hank Aaron passed as well.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/23/2021 1:27 pm  #83

Hammerin' Hank!
Nice clip, griff.  It is amazing how we can watch such so easily.

2/01/2021 2:34 pm  #84

Dustin Diamond, aka Screech from "Saved By The Bell." Did not see this one coming.

2/02/2021 7:36 am  #85

Wow seems like they're jumping ahead a generation, I'm actually too old for this show but my oldest niece  was a huge fan.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/02/2021 2:01 pm  #86

Yeah, he was only 44. Fish was cancer, diagnosed just a few weeks ago already at stage four. You can reassure your niece that we've got a long ways to go before Mark-Paul Gosselar karks it.

2/03/2021 7:05 am  #87

Actual hero.

2/03/2021 12:34 pm  #88

This news made me very sad.

2/05/2021 11:04 pm  #89

Christopher Plummer aka Captain Von Trapp

The Hills are no longer Alive with The Sound of Music

2/08/2021 7:48 am  #90

Leon Spinks Olympic boxing champ who beat the aging Ali. He'd been fighting cancer.

2/09/2021 2:50 pm  #91

2/17/2021 1:18 pm  #92

2/17/2021 4:05 pm  #93

That is almost precisely what I was going to say.

2/17/2021 4:11 pm  #94

once someone can bloviate on topics and have people hanging on their every word, are they doomed?

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

2/17/2021 6:08 pm  #95

2/17/2021 8:02 pm  #96

2/17/2021 9:03 pm  #97

Undertoad wrote:

then he became a national blowhard because that was easier

Limbaugh accidentally fell into a successful formula apparently when working in Sacramento CA in the late 1980s.  He was doing a Howard Stern type show.  When said something to the effect, "I will do all your reading and I will tell you what to think."

It worked  Eventually he moved to WABC in NYC.  The station that was once the only rock and roll station in NYC.  Then changed format. From there, he eventually syndicated and moved to Palm Beach FL.  He simply took Howard Stern's style of strangely charismatic arrogance and turned it into nasty political targeting.  Making him in\to a multi-millionaire. 

Limbaugh was simply an early pioneer of hate radio that includes Alex Jones.  A benchmark for hate radio (ie feminazis, calling Chelsea Clinton the White House dog, relabeling Eagle Quarterback Donovan McNabb as their token player, accusing Michael J Fox or faking his  Parkinson's disease,  calling Deepwater Horizon a conspiracy by eco-terrorists, mocking Iraq veternas for speaking out about the realities in that Mission Accomplished war, anc called Covid-19 nothing more than a common cold.

He has long been a benchmark for hate.  It got him rich.  And the Freedom Metal - the highest award that any American civilian can "earn".

Last edited by tw (2/17/2021 9:13 pm)

2/17/2021 11:17 pm  #98

Flint wrote:

once someone can bloviate on topics and have people hanging on their every word, are they doomed?

I do think having an audience is part of the problem, but to me it's more of a "monkey on your back" situation--just like YouTubers who feel the need to constantly escalate, Limbaugh got into a cycle of needing to be more and more outrageously offensive in order to maintain the size and devotion of his audience. Having an audience doesn't disinhibit these folks directly, rather it's the terror of losing the audience once they have it.

2/18/2021 12:46 am  #99

Flint wrote:

did you mean coronated?

Yeah.

Be Just And Fear Not

2/18/2021 12:48 am  #100

tw wrote:

Undertoad wrote:

then he became a national blowhard because that was easier

Limbaugh accidentally fell into a successful formula apparently when working in Sacramento CA in the late 1980s.  He was doing a Howard Stern type show.  When said something to the effect, "I will do all your reading and I will tell you what to think."

It worked  Eventually he moved to WABC in NYC.  The station that was once the only rock and roll station in NYC.  Then changed format. From there, he eventually syndicated and moved to Palm Beach FL.  He simply took Howard Stern's style of strangely charismatic arrogance and turned it into nasty political targeting.  Making him in\to a multi-millionaire. 

Limbaugh was simply an early pioneer of hate radio that includes Alex Jones.  A benchmark for hate radio (ie feminazis, calling Chelsea Clinton the White House dog, relabeling Eagle Quarterback Donovan McNabb as their token player, accusing Michael J Fox or faking his  Parkinson's disease,  calling Deepwater Horizon a conspiracy by eco-terrorists, mocking Iraq veternas for speaking out about the realities in that Mission Accomplished war, anc called Covid-19 nothing more than a common cold.

He has long been a benchmark for hate.  It got him rich.  And the Freedom Metal - the highest award that any American civilian can "earn".

TL:DR

dittoheads

Be Just And Fear Not

Board footera