cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/21/2022 6:38 am  #101

Re: Random Thoughts

TheNeverWas wrote:

Dear Dwellars,

I would like to take this opportunity to let you all know, because I know you're dying to, know, that is, that I, TheNeverWas, am, currently, at this moment, high as balls.

Carry on, you poor straight bastards.

Sincerely,

TheNeverWas

Come on, admit it. You've been on the boot polish again, haven't you?

It never ends well, you know.

Soldier trying to get high lighting boot polish set fire to his barracks

A British Army soldier has been kicked out of the military after he tried to get high by setting fire to boot polish but sparked a blaze at his barracks instead.
Lance Corporal David Thomas became disorientated after sniffing the fumes from the burning tin and dropped it on the floor, before wandering off, a court martial heard. 
Unbeknownst to him, the polish then set fire to a sofa in the common room where he'd lit it, setting off the smoke alarm and forcing fellow squaddies to put the blaze out with a fire extinguisher.
The 28-year-old admitted causing £1,600 worth of damage in the fire to the sofa and 'scorched' carpet and has now been dismissed from the Army after pleading guilty to arson.

The whole unfortunate business is related here: LINK

1/21/2022 7:52 am  #102

It pleases me that you came here to tell us.

1/21/2022 8:36 am  #103

I am also pleased

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/22/2022 5:43 pm  #104

TheNeverWas wrote:

Dear Dwellars,

I would like to take this opportunity to let you all know, because I know you're dying to, know, that is, that I, TheNeverWas, am, currently, at this moment, high as balls.

Carry on, you poor straight bastards.

Sincerely,

TheNeverWas

interwebs-winning post right there.....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/24/2022 11:46 am  #105

glatt wrote:

It pleases me that you came here to tell us.

I got no friends, I had to tell somebody.

Wish ya coulda smelt it.

And, yes, I'm working on it.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

1/25/2022 10:30 am  #106

If n is the number of shirts I have to iron, why is the number of hangers available always n-1?

Four shirts and three hangers or seven shirts and six hangers, it's always the damned same.

1/25/2022 6:30 pm  #107

Carruthers wrote:

If n is the number of shirts I have to iron, why is the number of hangers available always n-1?

Four shirts and three hangers or seven shirts and six hangers, it's always the damned same.

Stop ironing shirts.  You'll have more hangers than you ever thought could possibly exist.

One of the best things about moving to US ....as long as you get the laundry the minute the dryer stops, you never need to iron it.  Fucking A.  Couldn't believe it.  When we moved here, the apartment was fully furnished down to teaspoons and facecloths....... but no iron.  So weird, I immediately went out and bought one because beest needed 5 work shirts each week..... First load of laundry I did in these gigantic machines..... I learned why no iron.  Damn thing first got used later that year as the kids and I discovered perler beads (plastic beads you use to create shapes and designs on a frame, and then fuse together with an iron).  next use.  iron-on t-shirt transfers...

Last edited by monster (1/25/2022 6:31 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/25/2022 8:40 pm  #108

Carruthers wrote:

stop ironing Putin-style

Be Just And Fear Not

1/26/2022 6:49 am  #109

BigV wrote:

Carruthers wrote:

stop ironing Putin-style

So the Iron Curtain has been replaced by the Iron Shirt.

A worrying development.

1/26/2022 7:31 am  #110

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/26/2022 7:50 pm  #111

Carruthers wrote:

So it's been that way since you destroyed a hangar to steal that car. No problem, throw away a shirt.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/29/2022 7:24 am  #112

♪♫I ain't as good as I once was♪♫
♪♫But I'm as good once as I ever was♪♫

Had an away game last night, knew you'd wanna know.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

1/29/2022 2:02 pm  #113

happy to hear it

2/10/2022 10:03 pm  #114

This is most likely  brit-centric....

My current WWF rack reminded me of this from my youngadulthood which I quote occasionally for my own amusement.

Anybody got any Veras?

2/18/2022 7:39 am  #115

monster wrote:

Please rate this comment on a scale of M to 26 if  $ means absolute haggis and π is dead hobo

W

2/18/2022 7:42 am  #116

The foo--I mean--the guy up the street just left for work.

On a motorcycle.

It's 25 degrees.  Breezy.

Took him twenty minutes to get it started.  It's why I'm awake now.

2/19/2022 12:55 am  #117

jsyk, I haven't got(ten) worse at typing, I just can't be arsed to edit for stupid typos that any idiot should be able to figure out any more :D (and get off my lawn unless you're weeding it)

2/20/2022 8:15 am  #118

So, I'm watching a 28 minute Professor of Rock (<--pretty good YouTube channel for music lovers) video about the Top Ten singles of 1970.

28 minutes, so there are a few ads.

Aaand then, YouTube throws a 1 hour and 19 minute ad with Glenn Beck yammering into a microphone.  Heheh...Y'know that little "Skip Ad" button down there in the lower right corner?  Yeah, I selected that.  And then I jumped up and down on the "Select" button like I was killing spiders.

I wouldn't watch 10 seconds of Glenn Beck if all those artists came back to life and performed in my living room.

That was an eclectic Top Ten, btw.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (2/20/2022 8:16 am)

2/20/2022 12:37 pm  #119

yikes.

3/01/2022 4:27 am  #120

3/01/2022 7:55 am  #121

That's a good one.

3/01/2022 10:59 am  #122

Carruthers wrote:

It will always be thus if you are ironing your shirts in the nude.

Hey! That's me up there!

3/01/2022 11:27 am  #123

footfootfoot wrote:

Carruthers wrote:

It will always be thus if you are ironing your shirts in the nude.

If I was ironing in the nude at least I'd have one place to hang a shirt...

3/01/2022 7:54 pm  #124

you like ironing then?  

3/01/2022 8:30 pm  #125

One of my memory techniques -especially for long numbers or long acronyms/strings of letters - is developing a word association that amuses me -usually by being rude.  My new world of work is a world of ridiculous acronyms, most of which are very similar and not really acronyms because they're not pronounceable in any way that's faster/easier than just saying the letters.  I must never tell any enquiring cow orker that I'm  working in pee-damage on the whores project.

Board footera